Evoque Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how the MPG/City went up 10% from 18 on the 2012's to 20 on the 2013's? Did LR make some changes to the vehicle?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The 2013 Evoque window sticker has a new mileage rating posted. It is called the average fuel economy rating. Take 18 city plus 28 highway than divide by 2 gives you 23 miles average per gallon. I believe all 2013 vehicles have this new average mileage number.
After 4000 miles and the new reflash, I am getting 19.8 miles per gallon city mileage with a heavy right foot on my 2012.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2012 has a rating of 18 city, 28 hwy and 22 combined. The 2013 (3 door window sticker I viewed) has a rating of 20 city, 28 hwy and 23 combined. I wonder why the rating changed, has LR made changes to the vehicle or is the change based solely on EPA testing procedures?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just my Evoque last week and I'm averaging about 22/23 mixed driving. I was hoping it would be a little better as my Audi A5 gave me consistenly better mileage than advertised. Anyone know if the average improves after the initial driving period?

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm getting around 17 mpg average for city driving. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but a lot better than my Cayenne GTS was getting. As for the flash mentioned above, is that something new? I've heard nothing about it from my dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have 17000+ miles. Purchased mine in Dec 2011. Have hit 20mph only one time. Doesn't matter if it's highway or city. I drive it harder than most I suspect, but I did test a few tanks driving conservativley and still only got in the the high 19s.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lead pedal?

Just bought a 2013 with 8 miles. Still on my first tank of gas but have a quarter tank left. I'm getting 13 mpg and I don't have a lead foot. Wondering if it has anything to do with the quality of gas. The LR dealer said they put "regular" in all their vehicles.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
High fuel consumption

My Range Rover evoque is 2013 with 800 miles and is doing 9,4 miles per gallon, I left it in the dealer to review, but they told me that sometimes is normal. I think something is bad wit the car. What should do? ask for warranty?

Just bought a 2013 with 8 miles. Still on my first tank of gas but have a quarter tank left. I'm getting 13 mpg and I don't have a lead foot. Wondering if it has anything to do with the quality of gas. The LR dealer said they put "regular" in all their vehicles.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am avg less than 16 mpg in city. and that is my wife driving it.... but still better than the R63 AMG that she traded in. that was less than 11 mpg in city. but double the HP/TQ fun.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I may be dumb but I cannot locate an MPG, average MPH, etc on this car. I have the Dynamic and almost every car I have owned calcs the MPG at least. If you guys know what setting this is under please post it. Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I may be dumb but I cannot locate an MPG, average MPH, etc on this car. I have the Dynamic and almost every car I have owned calcs the MPG at least. If you guys know what setting this is under please post it. Thanks.
Dave, the button on the end of the left stalk (directionals) will allow you to scroll through the trip display settings. You can see mpg, avg speed, trip odo, instantaneous mpg etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We've only put a few hundred miles on ours, but 20 mpg seems to be pretty doable, maybe 22 or 23 with a light foot. I'm curious to see how it does on a longer highway road trip.
However, the biggest problem with gas mileage is also one of the best features of this car - it's a blast when you trump on it, and its so easy to do!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts