Evoque Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Got an issue I can't figure out on my wife's evoque. Came home after driving it, turned it off everything was fine and then went to start it 30 min later and got nothing. No crank, just two clicks and on the dash I got the "Transmission Fault" error. Here is what I have done so far...

1) I thought it was the starter, so I replaced that with a new one. Same issue
2) Hooked up my Autel MK808BT and scanned. Gave me a bunch of codes... and knowing how these cars are with weak batteries I proceeded to step 3.
3) replaced the main battery and the auxillary battery (under the glove box). That eliminated almost codes and I continue to get a P0A91-68 code. Even after I clear the TCM and GSM codes. They will show cleared, and then after I try and start the car, i get the two clicks and then re-scan which produces the GSMB error.
4) Based off that error it tells me that it could be wiring or TCM related. I have replaced the starter before and battery, which worked the first time, and had no issues with anything.
5) I let the battery sit overnight disconnected to clear everything, and that didn't help.
6) On the Autel scanner, I ran the TCM calibration, which successfully completed. Still not starting and get the Transmission Fault error on the dash with a GSMB fault on the scanner.

A) The only two plugs I disconnected was the big one that sits in front of the starter, and the air intake sensor. I also checked the pins and sprayed crc cleaner on them. No corrosion on anything.

So at this point, i'm stumped as to what the issue could be. Could be be the main engine harness itself? I hope not because that's $900.

I attached all the ECU and Live data from my scanner on the TCM and GSMB. Hopefully that helps. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
583 Posts
The below is what I found in the service manual for the DTC P0A91-68. Don't know if this will help, but thought I'd pass it along. Let us know what you find, and good luck.

Clear the DTC and retest
Check if battery has been removed or gone flat while transmission was not in Park.

Check if alternator has failed or if transmission components have been removed while vehicle is powered

Check the transmission control module for related DTCs and refer to the relevant DTC index

Check the gearshift module connector and the power/ground circuits to the module.

Repair wiring as required. Clear the DTC and retest

If the problem persists, check and install a new gearshift module. Clear DTC and retest

If problem persists following replacement of the gearshift module, this may indicate
a fault with the transmission control module and/or the auxiliary battery
module. Check for related DTCs and refer to the relevant DTC index

Refer to the warranty policy and procedures manual, or determine if any
prior approval programme is in operation, prior to the installation of a new
module/component

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rsquared. That's what my Autel showed as well on the code description. Initial ground tests looked ok so far... still scratching my head.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Where did you purchase the auxiliary battery? I get a transmission fault when I start the car. It says I need to place my car in park before I stop the engine. Of course I always do....I was told I need to replace the auxillary battery to eliminate the message fault.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did you purchase the auxiliary battery? I get a transmission fault when I start the car. It says I need to place my car in park before I stop the engine. Of course I always do....I was told I need to replace the auxillary battery to eliminate the message fault.
At a local store. You don't have to use the exact ps-1212 battery. Just one that matches its specs.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts