Evoque Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given your experiences of previous years model releases the US when is the 2014 likely to be readily available? What delivery delays are typical?How difficult is it to get one this month, December?Or in January?Do the dealers charge a significant additional premium at this time of year? When does that end?(I speak as someone who doesn't have a pre-existing relationship with an LR dealer.)Thanks,

·
Registered
74 Posts
well I know my closest dealership is expecting their models (for test drives at least) in mid-December, so I'm going to take a test drive before Christmas and see how things go.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well i live in Atlantic Canada and my dealer advised me that they are getting there new 2014 within less than a month so am guessing beginning of the new year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine has a build date of Jan 3rd and an expected delivery of Feb 12th

·
Registered
1 Posts
When you place your order, did you fix the price with your dealer? Or will it be the problem of the future?
Which model did you order and what was your price deal?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey all. Just joined this forum after putting in my order with my dealer (Long Island, NY). Was told it was arriving the week of February 16. No info yet on financing for purchase.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cash purchase, but negotiated a sale price of halfway between Invoice and Sticker
(Should be roughly $1,700 to $1,800 off by '13 values...)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got word that my ETA is Feb 24th. I was able to negotiate $500 off MSRP for the 2014 prices, but that was it. I feel lucky to have at least gotten that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm up in New England. Will be getting some winter tires and rims too, the all seasons aren't all that from what I read.

Good luck with your td, I've not tried out the 9-speed yet but hear good things!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well that test drive was a fair bit of fun! I was pleased to see that the heated windscreen has a mesh of very very fine wires that you can kind of see if you look for it, but it's also very easy to not see. I sat in a MY13 before I drive the MY14 and while I can see the difference in the side mirrors, I'm not sure what difference it would make long term.

The heated wheel and seats were big hits with the Wife and Mother in Law, as was the pano roof. I was too busy flinging the Evoque around the highway and testing out the turbo. I do believe I got at least one group of folks in a pickup truck that I blew past pointing and talking. It definitely drove nicely, I felt well connected to the road and got the power when I needed it. Stop/Start worked like a charm, but it's so disconcerting, I'm thinking it will take me a long time to get used to that.

In poking around the menus on the main screen, I found the Eco Data screen which judges your driving (acceleration, speed, and braking) on how fuel efficient it is on a scale of 1 to 5 (from least to most). I am pleased to report I scored a 4.2 on braking, but much much less on the other two. :) I drove it in Sport mode most of the time, I admit, though it was mostly highway miles.

Now I just have to do the dance with the dealer and see what I can get, when I can get it, and what's the price to be paid.

·
Registered
74 Posts
oh and FYI, the dealer said availability for the Evoque is fair to good, with factory orders taking two or three months to arrive. However, if you are looking for a RR Sport, you will be waiting a MUCH longer time (6+ months).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I just found this forum. After looking at the Evoque for months, finally purchased a 2014 Pure Premium. Will be picking it up within the next week or so. Initially was going for a discounted 2013, but the dealer made a great offer on the 2014. Buying at the end of the month is a great tip that should be taken seriously.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts