Evoque Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

My 2014 RRE Prestige that I factory ordered in Oct and arrived in Feb is at the dealership getting an entire new transmission that they had to send from the UK. (*This "fantastic" new 9-speed transmission was one of the reasons why I wanted to wait for the 2014 and order it>)

3 weeks ago I was driving and the "GEAR BOX FAULT" warning light came on and it starting driving very poorly. It felt very jerky and then like it was stuck in neutral and couldn't shift gears. I stopped and turned the car off and waited a few mins. and turned it back on and then it drove normally for about 10 miles and then did it again. I called LR and they looked at it and determined the cylinders were malfunctioning and felt that an entire new transmission would be better than trying to patch fix this existing one.

I should be getting it back on Friday.

This is the second issued I have had with this new SUV and am very concerned.

I hope my car was just a fluke isolated incident and yours are fine.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That's why some say wait a year or 2 before you buy a car that has anything new in it like a different transmission. Wait until kinks are worked out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I too had gearbox fault.

My 2014 had a gearbox fault light and was locked up in Park. Couldn't rotate shifter. After turning off for a few minutes, it reset itself and worked fine. My car spent night at JAG/LR shop where they downloaded new software. No problems since. Knock on wood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts