Evoque Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also saw KBB just posted their 2014 Evoque article and it had the first details on US pricing that I have seen:

"Pricing for the 2014 Range Rover Evoque 5-door runs from $42,890 for the Pure trim to $58,090 for the top-level Dynamic model. The 2014 Range Rover Evoque Coupe begins at $45,935 for a Pure Plus variant and runs to $59,090 for the range-topping Dynamic trim."

edit - well now I see the pricing details are all over the place on the news wires!

·
Registered
74 Posts
It almost looks like it will be worth it to wait for a 2014. Reading about it, I was expecting a price jump.
I'm definitely waiting for a 2014, the potentially more fuel efficient transmission and the added tech is a winner in my book. Plus I need some
time to save more down payment money. :cool:

Price bump looks like between $800 and $900 depending on model (though that may also depend on the 2014 option packages and pricing).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dealer told me the "build your own" on the Land Rover USA should be switching to the 2014 anytime now. $1000 down upon order and whatever more on pickup (about 4 months).
This is both good news and bad news for me. :cool: Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
About two weeks ago, the LR salemanager told me if I put down a deposit I would be the first to order a 2014 Evoque from their dealership and it would arrive near the end of December. I've been wanting to purchase an Evoque for some time now but I can't see buying a 2013 when the 2014 is coming out soon.

I have a sports car that I want to trade in and the value is dropping everyday because it's Fall and I live in PA. My SUV is having issues and costing more than it's worth to fix it so I just want to sell it right after my sports car is traded in. I just don't know if I could wait any longer so I'm considering purchasing a 2014 Audi SQ5. I like the exterior of the Evoque over the Audi but the SQ5 quad exhaust looks cool and even sounds better (354 HP). Both interiors are nice and both drive nice but the Audi cost more $$$$$.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The SQ5 is pretty awesome. I like the Q5 with the 3.0TDI even more. I would probably have one of those instead of my Evoque if the 3.0TDI was available when I got mine. Better torque 428 lb ft, better MPG, faster, and Quattro AWD is a well designed system. I loved my A4. Turbo diesels have so much potential to upgrading too. That thing would have been a blast. The SQ5 is nothing short of a sports car with a CUV look, good stuff. I do agree that the Evoque styling is better though.

I test drove both the Evoque and the 2012 Audi Q5, not much difference back then wrt drive. Q5 may have been a bit better handling, but that is subjective. There are a lot of them on the road too, which was a negative for me. SQ5 on the other hand, there will not be many of those. What really sold me on the Evoque was its uniqueness and styling. The ultimate would be a TDI, 6 speed manual transmission, for the Evoque that was available in the US. I might even drive my 2012 to the dealer tomorrow to trade it in. Personally, I would not go with a 2014 Evoque (US version) over the Q5 3.0 TDI, or the SQ5, or a 2013 Evoque for that matter. It really depends on what you want it for. The changes to the 2014, Active Driveline (front wheel drive when cruising) and 9 speed auto transmission, to me seem to push the car towards a dedicated glorified grocery getter completely removing any idea that it may have had any type of off road capability or legendary LR versatility. If there was doubt that the Evoque was not a true LR/RR before, it will be even more so now with the 2014. Dont get me wrong, I love my Evoque, and I in no way regret my purchase. Regardless of my opinion, you have a pretty tough decision. I wish you luck.

Rob

·
Registered
11 Posts
I spoke to dealers in several regions and was told anything from early December to late January. I couldn't wait that long (I was previously told late Oct/early Nov), so I plunked down on a '13. Very happy so far. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been seeing a lot on the net about the Evoque RS model (300HP) and that it's rumored to be coming out by the end of this year. I still haven't heard anything from LR about the production date for the 2014 Evoque. It would be really nice to see an RS model come out soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had thought about waiting for the 2014, but rec'd a good deal (I thought) on a 2013 Dynamic with "Black Pack". Additionally, I had been talking with my BMW Service Advisor about the new 9-speed on the Evoque and he cautioned that new transmissions may have considerable problems. I'm assuming he was talking from experience when BMW made the jump to their 8-speed auto....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Still waiting to hear info on the MY14 US model. There's a Product Brief out for the UK Evoque showing new wheels, seats and more but not sure what the US model will get. Here's the new Style 14 wheel option for the Dynamic and Prestige, 20” Forged with Vibration Polished Finish. (Providing the Product Brief is accurate).

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
That drive systems looks really techy to me, with the clutches in the rear driveline and the syncro up front. I do think that its great to improve Fuel Economy, but I wonder about the life span of those additional parts. The syncro is normal to manual transmissions and have been know to last many many miles, but those rear clutches are still an unknown. Its like the dual mass flywheels that Sachs brought out a few years ago. Great idea but they certainly did not last as long as the consumers would want. Many failed in less than 70K miles and required expensive repairs that were often outside of the 50K warrantee. I will give that one a few years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts