Evoque Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Had my 2014 dynamic out the other day and accelerating from a stop it shut down and displayed a GEARSHIFT FAULT code and wouldn't let me shift out of drive but yet wouldn't let the car move. Shut the car off, turned back on and then it was stuck in park and wouldn't let me shift out of park.

Called dealer and they told me to wait ten minutes and turn the car back on...then it let me drive away like normal.

Took to dealer, they replaced a wire harness per Range Rover Corporate, but were out driving the car after that and it did the GEARSHIFT FAULT code to them too...they are currently puzzled as to what is wrong.

Anyone ever seen this GEARSHIFT FAULT code issue before? Is the transmission toast or what?

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
173 Posts
FWIW- I had the transmission replaced on my 2014 Evo, so there may have been issues with earlier transmissions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So do I push for them to replace the transmission? They did a wire harness and say that everything is fine now and have given me the car back...

·
Registered
518 Posts
For now drive it and make sure it's working properly. Perhaps it was just the harness...��

·
Registered
173 Posts
So do I push for them to replace the transmission? They did a wire harness and say that everything is fine now and have given me the car back...
The first thing they checked on mine was the wiring harness. Since they didn't find anything wrong (or perhaps there were other reasons) they replaced the transmission. FWIW- this happened with 200 miles on my Evo.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'd leave it be if its running fine now.....BUT, make sure they have it well documented for the future and request a copy of that report!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Guys,

Had my 2014 dynamic out the other day and accelerating from a stop it shut down and displayed a GEARSHIFT FAULT code and wouldn't let me shift out of drive but yet wouldn't let the car move. Shut the car off, turned back on and then it was stuck in park and wouldn't let me shift out of park.

Called dealer and they told me to wait ten minutes and turn the car back on...then it let me drive away like normal.

Took to dealer, they replaced a wire harness per Range Rover Corporate, but were out driving the car after that and it did the GEARSHIFT FAULT code to them too...they are currently puzzled as to what is wrong.

Anyone ever seen this GEARSHIFT FAULT code issue before? Is the transmission toast or what?

Thanks,
Ryan
You probably don't have the car still. But what did you decide to do and find for the answer for this. I have this happening now. I don't know what to do, keep it or sell it now... ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts