Evoque Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 2014 Evoque 4-door Prestige with Adaptive Cruise yesterday! Here's my initial observations:

When I ordered in mid-October, the only non-cosmetic option available on the Prestige was Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC).

Drove home in 2 deg F ridiculously-cold evening on frozen slippery roads. Took full advantage of heated seats and steering wheel. :) Impressed with snow/ice terrain response mode.

No trace of park exit or perpendicular park. This in spite of park exit explicitly listed on the window sticker and the hard button on the dash showing entry and exit arrows. Perpendicular Park had been rumored early on, but apparently was dropped, at least for the US market (Anybody get perpendicular park on their Evoques elsewhere?). Hoping/assuming there'll be a software update to add at least the park exit feature. Doubt they'll be able to get away with exclusion of a stated feature.

Can't find a way to use Siri on my iPhone other than touching the home button on the phone itself. Anyone know any tricks for this? Also hoping there'll be a SW update for this given Jaguar/Land Rover's stated workings with Apple.

Briefly played with Adaptive Cruise today on a dry stretch of highway. I think I'm going to like it a lot.

Nav system: couldn't figure out how to enter a restaurant by name. Is there any way to do this? I also suspect it doesn't know about a major highway reroute completed in Nov 2010. I'll report on this later.

That's it for now. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

-- Paul

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Above are my pics. As you can guess, I'm enjoying the heated steering wheel. Notice the black grill, which may not be standard for the Prestige but might be because of the Adaptive Cruise option. The white-balance of the pic is off, but it's an Ambiance (ivory/espresso) interior.

I stopped by the dealer and mentioned the lack of park exit assist in spite of it being listed on the window sticker and also the user manual. They agreed it should be there and tried with no success to activate it. They're investigating further. According to the manual, each press of the Park Assist button should take you to another park assist mode, but it only toggles assist on and off. They told me mine is the first and only 2014 Evoque they've had so far and haven't even had training for it yet.

I also haven't seen the Active Driveline feature drop into 2WD mode, at least according to the 4x4 info screen, when cruising down the highway with terrain response in Normal mode.

-- Paul

·
Registered
518 Posts
Congratulations! If driving is as slippery as your pictures indicate, the computer will probably keep it in all wheel drive!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for sharing! if you are still in a picture taking mood, I'd be interested in shots of the front heated windshield to figure out how visible (or not) the heating filament network is during daylight.

·
Registered
518 Posts
You see the filaments if you focus on the filaments. The heated windshield hasn't been an issue for me at all! Never mentioned by passengers either. I have seen other posts regarding night driving & oncoming headlights. Again a non-issue for me. I don't really need it in SE Texas, but I have it. Love the heated seats & wheel!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congrats! Love the Red, looks just like mine. Heated windshield is a must here in Michigan, Noticed filaments first few days, never now. Heated seat will cook your butt! Does not seem to be any diff between low, med. and high. settings? Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I feel the 3 settings on mine, can't leave it on high for very long. Steering wheel gets warm but never hot.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heated windshield: I'll try to get some pictures up soon. I keep forgetting to look and see if I notice them, which means I'm not noticing them. I did take a drive tonight and yes it has an effect, like very soft smudging around lights, but even when paying attention to them they're no big deal to me. My wife generally has trouble seeing while driving at night so this was a concern to me, but she hasn't noticed them either. So they're thankfully a non-issue.

Speaking of non-issues, my iPhone 5 picks up GPS just fine inside the car, which was another concern of mine. Heated windshield was said to block the signal, but not for me. This is with the phone sitting inside the cubby where the USB plug is, or else in the drink holder.

I notice a difference between high and low seat heat setting. I have the front heated/cooled seats with perforated leather, which is standard on the Prestige in the US.

The heated steering wheel does get too hot for me if left on continuously. Although we'll see if that's true on Monday, when it's supposed to get to -23 deg!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congratulations on your 2014! Does your Prestige have a digital speedometer that diplays the speed in MPH? What's the square plate on the front grill above the license plate? And is Land Rover badge on the front grill green?

I noticed the ECO button on your console. Do you need to press the ECO button everytime you start the Evoque to disable the engine stop/start feature? I read somewhere where it said you need to do this everytime you start the Evoque if you don't want to use this feature.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, along with the speedometer dial on the left, there's a separate digital speed (MPH, unless you switch it to metric) display near the bottom of the display between the two dials.
Square plate above the license plate is for adaptive cruise radar. I'm also assuming I would have gotten a different colored grill if I didn't have adaptive cruise.
LR badge on front is green, but a dark grey-green, so it's not too annoying.
I haven't played with the ECO button yet, but I haven't noticed the engine shutting down on stops either. It might be inhibited by cold weather, as is the case with my old Honda Insight.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think the black grill looks nice with the red. You'll have to let us know how the stop/start feature works after driving it for a few weeks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great pictures! I am so excited for you and even more excited to get my new 2014 Red Prestige RR Evoque after seeing yours!

I have a few questions:

What floor mats came standard with yours? (I ordered the same color interior as you.) And are you going to buy different ones?

Did yours come with summer tires or did you put on all seasons afterwards?

Did you get an extended warranty?

What do the coolest thing you love about it?

Thanks for all your help. Have fun driving your awesome Evoque in the snow!

-Kendal

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just confirmed that the ECO button resets itself to ON each time the car is restarted. I have yet to experience start/stop behavior.

Floor mats: it came with the nice carpeted ones. We immediately replaced them with the LR rubber mats, which are now white with road salt from our shoes.

It came with all-season tires. I don't think they could have gotten away with summer tires in this climate.

I did not get the extended warranty. However since I tend to keep vehicles for a long time, might this make economic sense?

Coolest thing I love is a bit mundane: the all-time 4WD! I haven't driven an SUV since my father's Chevy Blazer back in the early 80's. I generally don't like SUVs, but it became necessary due to time being spent in rural northern Minnesota during winters. Haven't gotten a chance to really try it out though other than on ice. I'm also really liking the heated windshield, which made clearing the ice much easier. (we had freezing drizzle a couple days ago).

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yup, 9 speed. No complaints, is pretty smooth. Given the current state of the roads around here, I haven't played with sport mode or manual shifting yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Beopaul, super happy :eek: for you, good luck with you new ride, foshizzel looks way sweet... I also ordered the same car in loire blue with the adaptive cc.. been waiting since early october as well.

I'm kinda bummed about the parking features being excluded from your build because that was a selling feature for me and a reason why i upgraded to the prestige.. my sales guys are going to get an ear full for sure if that is truly the case..

:cool:Can you please elaborate on the "all-season tires"? what is the brand and name ie. Michelin Pilot..

thanks so much, I'm so jealous..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Correction: the tires are NOT all season! They're Continental CrossContact UHP summer tires, 235/55R19. And I'm driving on these on icy roads at -15 deg F. This agrees with ​tirerack.com stating that this is the one OEM tire for the Prestige 19" wheels, which would mean everyone, at least in the US, will be getting the same. Thought I was going to rear-end another car this afternoon at a stoplight, and this might be why. Given I will be in Colorado mountain passes soon, I probably have to do something about this. Maybe a second set of rims with winter tires, like I did on a previous car.

Regarding the parking features, my dealer called me today and said they were going to call LR to discuss this. They suspect they missed a setup step when configuring the car computer system, and fully expect to get this fully operational.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for going out in the cold to check on the tires for me.. i hear its like 35 below with the wind chill in Minnesota, thats no joke... yikes.. :eek:

i was kinda stoked when you said they were all seasons, that is why i questioned it.. i don't understand why LR puts summer sneakers on a 4x4..Buying a 60K car and immediately have to shell out for snows.. that is kinda bogus if you ask me, we should have gotten an option on the rubber, especially since we special ordered in advance..

Anyway: Thanks again, hope they clear up your tech issues..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts