Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just joined the forum today with an issue. The shift knob will not move out of the drive position. Luckily I was able to drive home, at which time I turned the car off. My hope was the problem would miraculously fix itself, so much for miracles.馃槪 When I shut the car off I received a fault message "car in drive", to be expected. When I restarted the car, the shift knob still would not move and the "D" was still lit on the indicator, but the car will not move. It's as if the car is in the park position, the engine runs, I can increase rpm's but no go. I am under the impression that there is an electrical switch/interlock on the brake that needs to be made before the shift knob can be moved. The car won't start w/o the brake being pressed, is there a separate switch for the shift knob? I did read on a different thread something about the secondary battery having something to do with the shift knob. My secondary battery has been out of commission for a while when my Eco Start/Stop stopped working.

Any insight or help would be much appreciated.

Thank You

Registered
Try a hard reset. Disconnect the battery, leave it for 10 minutes or so then reconnect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts