Evoque Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a new to me certified 2015 five door here in the USA. 2.0l with the 9-speed. One thing that bugs me here in San Francisco where we have a few hills on streets. When I approach a light, or stop sign, on a steep uphill grade, the hill hold feature tends to stick. When I let off the brake and give the vehicle gas, I must rev it to around 2000 RPMs or more to get the brakes to release. In fact if the hill is steep enough I can hear the brakes creak for 1/4 of a second as the release. On flat ground the brakes release normally by rolling forward as soon as I release the brake. I don't feel like I'm stepping on the brakes harder than needed while on a hill.

Anyone else seen this?
Anyone else taken your vehicle in for service for this type of issue?

Edit: From other searches I think this is called "Hill Start Assist"

Thanks
Brent
San Francisco, CA

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've noticed this on occasion. Maybe not as severe as yours, but, even pulling into my driveway (very slight incline), sometimes it takes a little bit more throttle to get it going. I brush it off as "normal" but I also don't have to deal with it daily like you probably do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just seems excessive. It can be rather jarring when you have the engine rev'd to 2000 then the brakes finally release.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts