Evoque Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a set of used Evoque rims for my snow tires, had them mounted, balanced and installed. Tire shop said that all 4 TPMS units that came with the rims were in good shape. I was expecting the TPMS light to go off during the drive home (2 hour drive) but never did. I thought that maybe having the summer tires in the back on the drive home was confusing the monitoring system. Arrived at home, stored the summer tires and still (a week later) have not had the TPMS light go off in the dash. Took the car to another tire shop and to check all four tires with their TPMS tool and they said that all four TPMS sensors were in good shape. Should I have had them manually update the system by plugging in the TPMS reader to the OBDII port or should the monitoring system automatically register the new TPMS units just by doing the 10 mile drive or 18 mph routine? Is this going to be an issue twice a year when I swap out sets of tires? If so it sounds like a TPMS reset tool (MaxiTPMS TS508) might be a good investment even at $250. Thoughts?? I also need to be able to run the tires about 2 to 3 lbs air less in each. I've found that in the high altitude (7,200 ft), running tires at the recommended pressure tends them to run overinflated and wear faster down the center of the tire - again... maybe a good reason to invest in the TPMS reset tool?

thanks in advance for the info!

·
Registered
70 Posts
It‘s not unusual for the TPMS system to take up to 48 hrs to “work it out” when tyres have been changed. Have you checked for wiring issues after the tyres were changed? They might have dislodged a plug or damaged a wire when doing the work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts