Evoque Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled into my garage today and the shifter dial remained stuck in D. Unable to turn it one way or the other. Able to press the dial in as it would to go to S, but still will not move.
Engaged the e-brake and shut the car off. Went to turn back on and now I can't even turn it on as it gives me a message along the lines of "car is in D, can't turn on".
Unplugged the battery thinking maybe it is something that can reset, that didn't work either.

Have seen the same problem in different forums but haven't seen much in terms of a resolution. Was thinking that perhaps it is the brake light switch, but the brake lights work although the pedal does feel stiff (potentially just a vacuum from pressing so many times with the car off?)

Any ideas or resolutions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would have the vehicle flat-bed towed to a repair shop. The transmission needs to be put into neutral before the vehicle is moved or the transmission may suffer damage. There's a procedure under the hood to force the transmission to go into neutral:

(the link is for the Discovery Sport but I'm pretty sure it's the same procedure for the Evoque)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts