Evoque Forums banner

2016 Evoque reliability questions

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Davari 
#1 · (Edited)
We just purchased a 2016 Evoque with 22,700 miles on it. We checked the car fax on this car and there was no issues listed. I’m wondering how many people have had trouble with 2016’s? If what types of issues? Thanks Willy

#2 ·
I bought a 2013 with 16k miles on it and I’m now at 38k and took it in a couple of times when the check engine light came on but they were sensors or vacuum leaks that the warranty covered.

Since yours is a 2016, the warranty will cover most issues you may have, id recommend purchasing the extended warranty to extend it to 6 years.

#3 ·
my 2016 now has 38K miles on it. No major issues. Had a rattle in the door. And- Something was preventing the auto start/stop from engaging. Battery replaced, and maybe a voltage regulator (they didn't tell me), but it works now. Other than that- 4 years and she's been a fine steed. I tow an RV with mine. So far, so good.

#5 ·
...at 60k the engine has just failed. Its been services and treated with care. :(
What? the engine just "failed"? tell us more.

they typical failure that happens at about 60K, is the exhaust manifold cracks. the part from Land Rover- which happens to be the turbocharger/exhaust manifold all in one- is obscenely expensive (like $3,800). But you don't need the Borg-Warner one from Rover- you can get aftermarket ones that work every bit as well for $350 (ebay), and have cast manifolds that won't crack (they are a bit heavier, and don't warm up as fast so your catalytic converter won't function as well during a cold start- but you'll never notice the diff). Installation is a bit of a bitch, and your dealer will charge you handsomely for that, as well as the 10x markup on every new nut and bolt they replace as part of the process.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.