Evoque Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week I went in to get my 1st maintenance done on my 2015 Evoque. It took longer than usual and they dealer loaned me a 2016 evoque. Wow..what a difference. The vehicle performed beautifully...no quick whiplash when accelerating nor a kick back when vehicle slows down. I spoke to the service manager about the 2016 transmission. He said that it is the same 9 speed transmission, but a different software program.....which isn't interchangeable between the 2015 and 2016. So ....I guess they can fix it.. at least on the 2016 model. He also said that with the Q511 software update they just installed...the vehicle will "learn" my driving habits and perform as it was designed to perform. Heh? Anybody else heard this?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Q511 for 2015's ??

So will it be smart enough to know a 4 banger isn't supposed to operate at 1200-1600rpms??

·
Registered
173 Posts
Haven't heard of the 2015-2016 difference, but I had the Q511 update on my 2015. With each update, my transmission has gotten better.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Will be booking Q511 as soon as they tell me what it actually improves. I stand by my downshift at 1800rpm request and am working on getting a tuner to do this for me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'd love a fix too! The probably worked on the 2016 program a lot to make it better, and no its likely not compatible as they said, which sucks because that means they don't care about the earlier cars.... :( I just want the thing to downshift as i slow down which it did before Q450

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don't buy the compatibility thing. I, too, agree about the downshifting, and I want it at 1800rpms in sport mode as I don't waste my time ,ever, in the 2 gears too high drive mode.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When they told me about the Q511 software update, they said it was to fix a problem with the check engine light coming on for no reason. Huh? Although the software update was not specifically for the transmission, they said that the computer has to "learn" my driving habits again since the reprogram. Unfortunately they disconnected something, while performing the maintenance and the update, that caused my vehicle to rev up high and the check engine light appeared. It took a couple of hours for them to figure this out...thus the reason for the loaner car. I don't think they really know what they are talking about, I do not have alot of confidence in the service techs... I don't drive the car in a jerky motion from 2nd to 3rd.. where did the evoque learn that from?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts