Evoque Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Evoque Convertible is 3 days old. The tech had trouble setting up the phone voice command and since it was a Saturday we had to bring the car back in on Monday to have the software updated to "fix" the issue. On Monday afternoon I received a call from the service manager informing me that in fact THERE IS NO VOICE COMMAND FEATURE on the Evoque convertible. They have decided to deactivate that feature, believing that the wind noise makes the feature unreliable. Can anyone verify this for me, please, and also tell me that they know that BMW, Audi, or Mercedes Benz convertibles do not have voice command...I don't think so.

Oh, btw, the vehicle is otherwise quite lovely, a rather nice bump up from my Mini convertible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same situation and I'm absolutely furious!!!

I went to great lengths (I checked 4 times) to ensure that function worked before buying the car and the sales person said it would be solved with a software update.

I paid $120k for a car that doesn't have one of the most basic functions that is even in $20k cars.

I've given the dealer 2 weeks to find a solution or I'll be asking for my money back. According to our Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) it's considered a major problem and therefore they have to provide a repair or refund.

As a side, my BMW 220 convertible had voice command so Rover need to sort their shit out...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought my Evoque Convertible in December, got the same news from the dealer regarding the voice command and complained to corporate..I was not given a good explanation other than it's not available (even though it does appear in the brochure). I love the car, btw.. and have learned to live without, but this is truly annoying that a modern luxury vehicle doesn't have this feature. Also, when I'm talking on the phone with the top down, people can hardly tell and hear me just fine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someday a software upgrade will enable it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts