Evoque Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I was looking on google because I am having carbon monoxide issues with my Evoque. Gives me headaches and nosebleeds all the time and have a industrial detector as I am a home inspector and have over 100 pictures and videos of the detector going off and what level its at. It has no been into the dealership 4 times and they have not done anything, they claim there isn't any issues with the vehicle and land rover is apparently saying some amounts of carbon monoxide is allowed inside the vehicles cabin. I contacted the environmental protection agency and they claim no level of carbon monoxide is suitable inside a vehicles cabin. Just trying to see if anyone has had similar issues with their evoque, If not I would recommend testing it. No one would ever know because most people don't carry a CO detector in their car. We aren't talking low amount like 1-2 but anywhere from 5PPM-200PPM.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The exhaust manifold crack is VERY common. Almost all of them will fail between 40k and 70k miles. My manifold crack was internal so I wasn't getting a leak, but many have failures at cylinder #1 and report exhaust smell in the cabin. That might be a place to look.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The exhaust manifold crack is VERY common. Almost all of them will fail between 40k and 70k miles. My manifold crack was internal so I wasn't getting a leak, but many have failures at cylinder #1 and report exhaust smell in the cabin. That might be a place to look.
Thanks for the suggestion, they already replaced the exhaust manifold, the turbocharger, all the exhaust gaskets, and the seal for the rear doors. Personally I really think there are holes in the cars body or there is a problem with the catalytic converter. We have two other evoques and on idle at the tailpipe we are getting around 40 PPM coming out of the tailpipe and on the other two we are getting 1600 PPM which is normal. Going to keep trying at the dealership otherwise we are pursuing other alternatives to get this issue resolved. I have not asked about the cylinders though so I will ask about that here shortly. Thanks again for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts