Evoque Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I purchased a new 2020 Evoque on March 1st of this year. I currently have a total of 1600 miles on it. I just noticed a separation or gap on the exterior black strip of trim on bottom of driver’s side door. Other areas of trim have slight gap or not as tight as I believe it should be. Has anyone else had similar trim issue on their newer Evoque? I am wondering if I should be concerned with having water get behind the trim and cause water damage issues.

Attached a photo
5A85268C-1198-4BB8-B4A2-5362CB92D544.jpeg

Tks, Kthprsn

·
Registered
5 Posts
None of this exterior plastic trim has any water sealing functions. Water will get behind it and it doesnt matter. Its designed with that in mind. All that stuff gets wet and it has no negative effect on anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I purchased a new 2020 Evoque on March 1st of this year. I currently have a total of 1600 miles on it. I just noticed a separation or gap on the exterior black strip of trim on bottom of driver’s side door. Other areas of trim have slight gap or not as tight as I believe it should be. Has anyone else had similar trim issue on their newer Evoque? I am wondering if I should be concerned with having water get behind the trim and cause water damage issues.

Attached a photo View attachment 4564 View attachment 4564

Tks, Kthprsn
The build quality of the black trim on the doors is really flimsy. I expect it to be even worse during peak winters. To address this the dealership would use some sort of adhesive material to make it sit flush

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine was separating to a point that I went to a dealer. They tried to reattach it but could not attach it properly, so they ordered a new panel. 3 days later it fell off while I was driving. So for now I am driving like in the attached picture. The wait for part is 1 month in Toronto.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The build quality of the black trim on the doors is really flimsy. I expect it to be even worse during peak winters. To address this the dealership would use some sort of adhesive material to make it sit flush
I will be sure to opt for no trim when considering my next vehicle purchase. I am disappointed with the 2020 Evoque trim and its cheap appearance. There are a few spots on both driver & passenger that are not tight. I brought it in today to NY dealership for replacement (along with another issue with the front grill needing a replacement as it faded/discolored). They found the replacement panel came to the dealership unpainted so will have to arrange another time to bring in once painting is done. :/

Sardanapal -...interesting to see others’ similar issues. Hope you have it resolved.

·
Registered
61 Posts
A few incidents of this in the U.K. too. I have a slight trim issue on mine, but haven’t mentioned it to dealers. It’s only minor so I can live with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts