Evoque Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we got a evoque in March 2020 and have had to have the centre console replaced due it turning up the volume up and down on its own, turning on eco mode, and the fans all by its self, had the car back after 3 days in the garage and after a couple of days the whole thing started again. Supposedly been fixed apparently. A week before it’s due to go back in the garage, the engine light has now come on.

Anyone else had these problems with their 2020 evoque?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine has been back in for the heated drivers seat turning itself off, they did a software update. It has turned the volume up, apparently by itself, but I have noticed that I rest my thumb on the volume control & as they’re touch, I think it’s that that’s doing it.
There has been the occasional glitch with the bottom screen not showing anything, but it’s not often & always sorts itself out eventually.
Hope you get it sorted, keep us posted what happens 🤞

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yes we thought it was us knocking the volume at first, then it happened about 7 times on one stretch of road, I was playing with the turning the stiff more than concentrating on driving! I managed to catch it on video luckily incase the garage accused us.

They said the entire entertainment system was flagging up multiple faults, so they replaced it in January 2021

we only had it back from the garage a week, and then all the fans came on, volume up and down, and settings flashing, so we booked it in again, but it was a few weeks wait, while Waiting (goes in on 16th March) we now have an Amber engine light warning,

not to mention they had to come out to fix a rattling heat shield on the exhaust in this time too!

so fed up 😔

·
Registered
81 Posts
We also had the rattling heat shield. It went in for that & while it was there they told me the Balance Shaft bearings were seizing, so they had to order a new balance shaft & it went back in for that replacing. We also had a piece of the Dynamic trim falling off, which they said they had replaced. When we got it back, they had forced the existing trim back in place, damaging the top edge, and thought that was an acceptable thing to hand back to us On a £50k car. I complained to the service manager, sending him photos of the result & they said they would order a new part. That was @ 5 weeks ago. I haven’t heard from them since.
I have also noticed the front edge of the bonnet (hood for our American members) is not at all level. the gap is about 2mm (1/4 inch) on the drivers side and more then 1cm ( 1/2 inch) on the passenger side, so they can have a look at that when it eventually goes in too.
27E1C5C9-270F-4C7F-ABF1-DB49FF3A24FC.jpeg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What a nightmare, well he husband rang this morning, and They won't look at the two issues at the same time and have said the car needs booking in for a 3rd time to have the original centre console problem fixed, and this appointment changed to check the engine management.
😂
Couldn't make it up.

Update: they changed their minds, and will do it at the same time.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hope you get it sorted this time 👍

Reactions: MiniMandaBFC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hope you get it sorted this time 👍

Thought I'd update ... engine management light is due to the DPF being faulty and will be changed under warranty when the car taken to the garage for the THIRD time :ROFLMAO::rolleyes: and the infotainment system they have no idea and are getting JLR involved, the dealership we bought the car from and I now need to "gather" evidence of it all turning on and off by itself, which I've told them I already have, what a farce.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts