Evoque Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a 2020 Evoque in July. It has been in the shop four times and about two of the first three months that we owned it.
It stalls at stop signs and stop lights. This is not the Eco start-stop feature. It does happen both with that feature on and off. It does happen more when it's warm, but has also happened multiple times with the cooler weather this fall. This is an electrical failure. When it stalls all the computers shut down, climate control, electronic screens, stereo, and occasionally the seats move back all the way, making it near impossible to reach the start-stop button to restart the car. It sometimes happens when you first come to a stop, and other times right after you hit the accelerator and start to roll into the intersection.
The technicians have been able to recreate this, and have also been in the car with us when it happened. This has easily happened more than 50 times since we bought it.
While it's been in the shop, we have had multiple loaners, all of which have had the same problem. The general manager of our Land Rover dealer told me Land Rover has admitted to their dealerships that they have a problem with the new 2020s.
I am trying to find others who have experienced this problem, or another dealership who may have figured out how to fix it. I am in the Denver area. Appreciate any info you can share.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We bought a 2020 Evoque in July. It has been in the shop four times and about two of the first three months that we owned it.
It stalls at stop signs and stop lights. This is not the Eco start-stop feature. It does happen both with that feature on and off. It does happen more when it's warm, but has also happened multiple times with the cooler weather this fall. This is an electrical failure. When it stalls all the computers shut down, climate control, electronic screens, stereo, and occasionally the seats move back all the way, making it near impossible to reach the start-stop button to restart the car. It sometimes happens when you first come to a stop, and other times right after you hit the accelerator and start to roll into the intersection.
The technicians have been able to recreate this, and have also been in the car with us when it happened. This has easily happened more than 50 times since we bought it.
While it's been in the shop, we have had multiple loaners, all of which have had the same problem. The general manager of our Land Rover dealer told me Land Rover has admitted to their dealerships that they have a problem with the new 2020s.
I am trying to find others who have experienced this problem, or another dealership who may have figured out how to fix it. I am in the Denver area. Appreciate any info you can share.
We are in the Detroit area. We have a 2020 evoque. Just got it back from the shop two days ago. They had it for a week and said they could not replicate the stalling. Now two days later it stalled 5 times on us today. Did they ever figure out the electrical issue!!
Thank you for any help you can give us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
YES! We had the same issue with our 2020 Evoque that we bought back in February. It stalled on us several times, at random intervals....with or without auto start/stop engaged. The dealer could conveniently never recreate the problem, even though it happened to us almost daily! In the end, they installed a data logger and had us drive the vehicle for two weeks. Land Rover corporate evaluated the data and determined that the ECM was not the correct software version. Once they reflashed the ECM we have no other stalling issues. That being said, my check engine light is on for a failed evaporator control module, there is some EXTREMELY annoying rattle coming from under the passenger side floor board, the A-pillar trim clips broke causing the trim piece to fall down, and I keep finding random broken plastic clips whenever I clean the car. This is by far the worst car I have ever purchased, and Land Rover should be ashamed....Instead, all they do is fix the broken crap and pretend like I am the 1st person who has ever had a problem with their vehicle....I will never purchase another Land Rover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I am having the same problem with a 2020 Evoque. There are probably going to be some bad accidents and there will be a huge class action suit if Land Rover doesn’t admit that the car is faulty and fix the problem. I understand how the econ auto start/ stop works. This is not that Issue. With my car, I will be sitting at a stop light and when the light changes and I attempt to accelerate, the car just shuts down and multiple,warning lights come on. After several attempts to turn it off and back on, it will correct itself, but it is pretty scary to be sitting in heavy Las Vegas traffic with a stalled car. It has happened three times today with two different drivers. Land Rover’s response... deny, deny, deny! They must train their service people to try to make the customer feel like an idiot. By far, the worst car experience I have ever had!

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2020 evoque we got 2 months ago. We've had the same issue. Thought it was the economy "A" mode button. But it wasn't. It also completely shuts the car down to the point where you have to shut the car down and turn it back on. I've noticed it happened when I was just at a stop and hit the gas maybe too quickly or accelerate with no push after a complete stop. Planning on taking it to the shop, we thought we were the only ones having this issue and it was our driving. Good to know others have the same exact issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Soooooooo glad I found this page-
We have a Hertz rental for a week, a 2020 Range Rover Evoque, drove it from Vegas to St. George UT-Two days ago while driving in a city I am not familiar with, and having to use Google maps to navigate, the vehicle just stopped then shut down as I was turning-

I thought maybe I hit the gear shift or something, so I made sure to keep my hands away, maybe it was super sensitive-Nope...at a stop light it just shut off, this time screen went black and just stopped, thank goodness the light was red-
Told my boyfriend and he thought I was being crazy, but luckily when I was driving and he was in, it happened 3x-So then he got in b/c I had enough and it happened to him 2x, just trying to pull out of a parking spot-

This is INCREDIBLY dangerous, I mean really bad...for if you are turning across an intersection and it stops...you will get hit-Or someone can rear end you b/c the thing decides to turn off-I started to think the thing was possessed and wanted to hurt me!!! Now that I found this forum, put that thought aside ;)

I don't want to drive it any more so will call the Hertz dealer in Las Vegas to see if we can exchange it for something here in St. George-

Oh, another thing...I can tap it, like baby tap it and it will take off like a freaking roller coaster and jerk my neck!!!! This vehicle is freaking insane!!! We picked it up with only 300 miles on it and it has this many issues, wow-Oh and someone mentioned a rattle under the passenger seat, I heard that as soon as we got it, no new vehicle should have this many issues-

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update to my post #5. Turns out none of us are crazy or inept (at least not regarding this issue). The Range Rover dealership ultimately found a drive train software issue, and updated the software. The problem with stalling has not happened in the ten days since the adjustment was made. I agree, it is a super dangerous problem that I think warrants a recall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update to my post #5. Turns out none of us are crazy or inept (at least not regarding this issue). The Range Rover dealership ultimately found a drive train software issue, and updated the software. The problem with stalling has not happened in the ten days since the adjustment was made. I agree, it is a super dangerous problem that I think warrants a recall.
The last couple days we had the rental we decided to try driving it in S mode, it did help it, only stalled once, yet at stops or slow merges, you could tell it was struggling to stay on. Now it does perfectly fine on the highway, handled Interstate 15, sharp turns from Arizona into Vegas like a champ, but that quickly ends if you need to stop. The thing is we tried to call Hertz, tried to email them...no way possible to get a hold of them! With them declaring BK, they could care less about this issue, yet it really scares me for this vehicle will kill someone...if you are in the middle of an intersection trying to turn and it shuts off, you literally are a sitting duck to oncoming traffic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts