Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a 2020 Evoque in July. It has been in the shop four times and about two of the first three months that we owned it.
It stalls at stop signs and stop lights. This is not the Eco start-stop feature. It does happen both with that feature on and off. It does happen more when it's warm, but has also happened multiple times with the cooler weather this fall. This is an electrical failure. When it stalls all the computers shut down, climate control, electronic screens, stereo, and occasionally the seats move back all the way, making it near impossible to reach the start-stop button to restart the car. It sometimes happens when you first come to a stop, and other times right after you hit the accelerator and start to roll into the intersection.
The technicians have been able to recreate this, and have also been in the car with us when it happened. This has easily happened more than 50 times since we bought it.
While it's been in the shop, we have had multiple loaners, all of which have had the same problem. The general manager of our Land Rover dealer told me Land Rover has admitted to their dealerships that they have a problem with the new 2020s.
I am trying to find others who have experienced this problem, or another dealership who may have figured out how to fix it. I am in the Denver area. Appreciate any info you can share.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We bought a 2020 Evoque in July. It has been in the shop four times and about two of the first three months that we owned it.
It stalls at stop signs and stop lights. This is not the Eco start-stop feature. It does happen both with that feature on and off. It does happen more when it's warm, but has also happened multiple times with the cooler weather this fall. This is an electrical failure. When it stalls all the computers shut down, climate control, electronic screens, stereo, and occasionally the seats move back all the way, making it near impossible to reach the start-stop button to restart the car. It sometimes happens when you first come to a stop, and other times right after you hit the accelerator and start to roll into the intersection.
The technicians have been able to recreate this, and have also been in the car with us when it happened. This has easily happened more than 50 times since we bought it.
While it's been in the shop, we have had multiple loaners, all of which have had the same problem. The general manager of our Land Rover dealer told me Land Rover has admitted to their dealerships that they have a problem with the new 2020s.
I am trying to find others who have experienced this problem, or another dealership who may have figured out how to fix it. I am in the Denver area. Appreciate any info you can share.
We are in the Detroit area. We have a 2020 evoque. Just got it back from the shop two days ago. They had it for a week and said they could not replicate the stalling. Now two days later it stalled 5 times on us today. Did they ever figure out the electrical issue!!
Thank you for any help you can give us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
YES! We had the same issue with our 2020 Evoque that we bought back in February. It stalled on us several times, at random intervals....with or without auto start/stop engaged. The dealer could conveniently never recreate the problem, even though it happened to us almost daily! In the end, they installed a data logger and had us drive the vehicle for two weeks. Land Rover corporate evaluated the data and determined that the ECM was not the correct software version. Once they reflashed the ECM we have no other stalling issues. That being said, my check engine light is on for a failed evaporator control module, there is some EXTREMELY annoying rattle coming from under the passenger side floor board, the A-pillar trim clips broke causing the trim piece to fall down, and I keep finding random broken plastic clips whenever I clean the car. This is by far the worst car I have ever purchased, and Land Rover should be ashamed....Instead, all they do is fix the broken crap and pretend like I am the 1st person who has ever had a problem with their vehicle....I will never purchase another Land Rover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts