Evoque Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some aftermarket 20x9 inch Style 6 rims powder coated black and need to decide on tires and size.

Right now, I am considering going with 275/45/20, but want to avoid any issues such as tramlining (when the tire pulls in groves) and any clearance issues with the full turning radius.

As far as tire brands, I am considering the new Goodyear Eagle Sport All Season, the Yokahamma Prada Spec X, and maybe the Hankook Ventus AS RH07. I would like to find a tire with a "M&S" rating, as I'm not sure if I will go with a set of winter tires for the Evoque. (as I have with all of my other cars) In my past experience, directional tires seem to get noisey sooner than non-directional, but that just be related to my driving style. ;)

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Dan

Here are the rim specs for reference:

WHEEL SIZE:20x9
WHEEL OFFSET:45
BOLT PATTERN:5-108
HUB SIZE:63.4
BACK SPACING:6.77

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the 275-45-20's installed on 10" rims with a 40mm offset. Handles like a dream with no pulling or rubbing at all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
As Doug above mentions I have the same wheel and tire specs. love them with no Issues at all. use them as my spring/summer/fall set...all good, and besides they look sharper than the 255's

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I took the plunge and put on 20x8.5" wheels with 275/45-20 tires. No rubbing and I think it looks great!
Who's the manufacturer of your wheels? Do you have any close up pictures of the wheels and pictures from the front and back of the Evoque showing the tire width?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone tried 275/55 ? The 275/45 spec is 29.8 X 29.8 X 10.9 and 275/55 is 31.9 X 31.9 X 10.9 which is only 2 inches wider and taller.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts