Evoque Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far pretty concerned about blind spot visibility with 4 door. Are there any after-market blind spot monitors out there for purchase?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not sure where you're located. I'm in the US myself and wanted the "blind sport monitoring". It was on the coupe that I test drove. Was very surprised to find that it is NOT available in the US except on the coupes.

I was messing around on the UK website and discovered that it CAN be ordered on the 5 door European models which TORQUED me off quite a bit. If an OEM version did exist, I would think it would be very expensive to retro fit.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have an Evoque 5 door dynamic, and have the blind spot monitoring, and I am in the USA.

I have not really noticed much of a blind spot in my five door, my wife has not mentioned she noticed it either. That said I traded an FJ cruiser which had the biggest blind spot of any vehicle ever.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was about to ask the same question - I am in a Prestige with full camera package, but no blindspot assist, which was not very clear when (and after) we bought the vehicle. Very interested in hearing if it can be fitted after the fact or if 3rd party exists...

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
LR made just 500 5-doors with BSM in 2012, but they are no longer available. You can't special order this option except for coupes.
Is that 500 world wide or 500 for the North America market? Just curious, nice to know I have a very limited 5-door.:cool: My wife and I really like the blind spot monitoring.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
I was thinking the BSM limited to 500 five doors as North America only.

I would want to be able to get it, coupe or 5 door, seems strange its not available on the 5 door in NA any more. I really like having it on my 5 door

·
Registered
85 Posts
All I know is my dealer told me the blind spot option was only on the 2 door. I bought my 4 door on November 30th, 2011 when I was told this. I didn't believe it until I tried the "build your own" option on the Range Rover website. And yes, at that time you could "build" a 2 door with blind spot, but it wasn't available on the 4 door. Hence, the 4 door that was sitting on the dealer's lot on Nov 30th is mine, sans blind spot. And yes, this was on the USA Range Rover site. I suspect an aftermarket setup (if it existed) would be very expensive.

I'm a techcoholic and thought it was a neat feature, but after driving my Evoque for nearly 5 months, I don't miss the feature. I'm much more concerned about the HUGE blind spot behind the outside mirrors, especially on a dark night. I find it very disconcerting when I suddenly see headlights in the outside mirror. At first glance, it's hard to tell if the headlights are from a car behind (no problem) or if instead, I'm about to get T-boned by a vehicle coming from my 10 o'clock position because of the HUGE blind spot now seeming like a movie screen.

I"m probably not describing this well, but I do find it disconcerting until my mind "sorts" it out that I'm really not about to get T-boned.

·
Registered
24 Posts
All I know is my dealer told me the blind spot option was only on the 2 door. I bought my 4 door on November 30th, 2011 when I was told this. I didn't believe it until I tried the "build your own" option on the Range Rover website. And yes, at that time you could "build" a 2 door with blind spot, but it wasn't available on the 4 door. Hence, the 4 door that was sitting on the dealer's lot on Nov 30th is mine, sans blind spot. And yes, this was on the USA Range Rover site. I suspect an aftermarket setup (if it existed) would be very expensive.

I'm a techcoholic and thought it was a neat feature, but after driving my Evoque for nearly 5 months, I don't miss the feature. I'm much more concerned about the HUGE blind spot behind the outside mirrors, especially on a dark night. I find it very disconcerting when I suddenly see headlights in the outside mirror. At first glance, it's hard to tell if the headlights are from a car behind (no problem) or if instead, I'm about to get T-boned by a vehicle coming from my 10 o'clock position because of the HUGE blind spot now seeming like a movie screen.

I"m probably not describing this well, but I do find it disconcerting until my mind "sorts" it out that I'm really not about to get T-boned.
Starflyr, to make this whole thing more disconcerting, I picked up my 5-door on March 10th, 2012 (over 3 months after you did) and it has the Blind Spot Monitoring.

It really does seem they made the BSM option available on a few vehicles and then stopped doing so for some reason (maybe they ran out of parts??!!).

So far everyone that has chimed in on this thread as having a 5-door with BSM has a Dynamic (myself included). Are there no Pure or Prestige 5-doors with BSM? This whole thing gets stranger by the minute.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
So far everyone that has chimed in on this thread as having a 5-door with BSM has a Dynamic (myself included). Are there no Pure or Prestige 5-doors with BSM? This whole thing gets stranger by the minute.
I picked min up Mid January, and it is a Dynamic 5-door with BSM. I do not recall any posts from 5-doors other than Dynamics with the BSM. I know non North America markets the BSM available on Prestige, not sure on the Pure

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Pretty sure it was a stand alone option with any trim in NA. It just wasn't widely available for very long, and it was not on the website to my knowledge!
I will have to look at my window sticker when I get back to the USA. I do not think BSM was a stand alone option on my Dynamic, I think it was part of a package with the upgraded sounds system and navigation. I will not swear to it though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the Pure Prem. and they sold me the idea of mine coming with BSM and when it arrived... Nothing! grrrrr but having the 5 door not an issue with a blind spot.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I will have to look at my window sticker when I get back to the USA. I do not think BSM was a stand alone option on my Dynamic, I think it was part of a package with the upgraded sounds system and navigation. I will not swear to it though.
That would be interesting to see; please share with us when you return.

It was a stand alone option on my Dynamic and separate from the Premium Package (which included upgraded Meridian sound system & Nav). The BSM appears listed on the window sticker for $450 (really not a bad price for the convenience it offers).

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ok, I will not be back in the USA until 19 May or so.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts