Evoque Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am trying to figure out and maybe someone on here can help. But besides maybe different gear ratio's on rear if its even different. I haven't fully researched yet. I am wondering if anyone has thought about putting the 9 speed tranny into our 2012 model. The fuel savings alone would make it worth it, i can do the work myself. I know a lot of new cars have separate ecu's. Anyone's thoughts on this????

·
Registered
180 Posts
What kind of mileage do you get? I doubt it would be a significant change. My driving is a mix of interstate and state highways with little stop and go and I am lucky to get 22mpg with my 2015 9 speed. I once drove on an entire tank doing the same driving but always watching the green bars and keeping them at max (it was very annoying) and I think I got a little over 23 mpg. The most I have ever gotten on a full interstate trip is about 27mpg. I have never heard of anyone doing it, but I'd say it is possible. I know the 9 speed tranny is very expensive, do you have one lined up?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I travel interstate a lot just wondering if it would make a big difference. I was looking at cost on eBay for one. Yeah about 2.5k with ecu I saw but that was months ago when I looked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts