Evoque Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Evoque. Trying to do a flush so I can fill with a waterless coolant (which, in turn, was my attempt to solve the constant coolant evaporation issue we have had). I need to completely flush, then treat with a water removing flush, then I can fill. I can see the drain plug, but can't get my hand to it completely. I removed the first mud shield but under that there is a second engine under shield. It appears to be bolted to the front fender or possibly there is some trick to pulling it out from the front bumper? I can pull this second under shield down and see the radiator drain plug, but I can't figure out how to remove it without taking off the bumper (which is pretty involved, just watch the youtube video on that!?).

1) Is there is trick to getting this under shield off without taking off the whole bumper? According to the service manual, it seems like it should be removable without removing the bumper but I can't figure out how and the service manual is no help on that.

2) If not, is there another hose somewhere low enough to serve as a drain that will allow me to completely drain the coolant?

I can't believe it is this hard to do a flush... There must be an easier way than taking apart the whole front end.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I drained it on my 2015 when I was replacing my turbo last year. I had it up on a lift and took off the splash guard under the left front fender and several other things. But it was VERY difficult to get to. I was able to barely get my hand on it, but it is too hard to turn, even after I was able to loosen it up with some small pliers. I had to use the small channel-lock pliers to turn it. It took me maybe 20 minutes to get it opened enough to drain. I would also welcome any better way to do this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts