Evoque Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know this is a standard feature so I should have it. Mine is the Dynamic Trim level.

Just a question, does anyone notice the headlamps actually turning? I don't notice them actually turning when the vehicle is turning. My wife has a lexus with adaptive headlamps and it's very noticeable when the headlamps turn. Do you have to turn this feature on? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
My guess would be, if you aren't getting an error indicator (see below from the manaul), is the feature is slightly more subtle then on your Lexus. My previous car was a BMW 5 Series with adaptive headlights and I did notice the feature more on the BMW then on the Evoque.

Exterior Lights.jpg

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
I notice it on the very winding moutain road with tight curves we live on, but do not notice it near as much when we are in town.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you have a garage or semi-enclosed structure facing a wall you can turn the steering wheel from side to side and see the headlight reflections move back and forth with the engine running just to check that everything is working.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have never noticed mine move at slow speed in the driveway, maybe I was not turning the wheel enough. I do notice on the twisty road I live on that they do turn.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Has anyone seen the additional bulb at 45 degrees? I don't think I can find one, nor have I seen one come on.

Edit: Ok, I know this is old, but I just wanted to document my findings. In my MY13 user manual, the section on adaptive headlights doesn't include the note about the corner lights. From some research done on another forum, it looks like the US models don't get that, which I'm told is the "static bending light."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts