Evoque Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to add passive keyless to a Pure Plus? The door handles seem the same, but has anyone looked into what electronics/programming/antennas would be needed to make this work?

·
Registered
76 Posts
My biggest gripe with my Pure Plus is the lack of passive entry. Why oh why didn't they just make it standard across the lineup?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My biggest gripe with my Pure Plus is the lack of passive entry. Why oh why didn't they just make it standard across the lineup?
yep, I haven't purchased yet, but I'm on the edge between Pure Plus and Premium because of the Xenon Headlamps and Passive Keyless. Is there some kind of repair/tech manual for the Evoque that might uncover the differences between vehicles with passive keyless and regular keyless?

*edit*
Looks like they might have some manuals/tech info on TOPIx (http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com), but you need a subscription. Any forum members already have access to TOPIx?

·
Registered
5 Posts
distinctz06 I though the same thing about adding the keyless entry ... I think that all the wirering and the door handles are all the same. The thing that could be missing to enable keyless entry on the Pure is a "module" and programming of the media centre. I wonder if you could get the "module" from a wreckers and fit it yourself ... that would leave programming the media centre. A good workshop manual would be useful to verify all these ... any one got one handy? :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Official respond from the dealer is that there is no way to upgrade to keyless entry after purchase ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts