Evoque Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need lots of aftermarket performance parts!!!! Anybody with info on turbo upgrades, chipping and exhaust... please let me know. I would love to see this car put out 300HP!!! :cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a friend that does custom tuning for Japanese cars. I am going to ask him if he has any ideas. It would be cool to see Akra hop on board with a turbo back exhaust! :cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
There probably isn't a whole lot more that can be coaxed out of the Evoque without a lot of effort- seems like it's making about the max for what a manufacturer is comfortable putting in a factory 2 liter turbo. Looks like the Focus ST has only a tiny bit more power out of this motor as the Land Rover version. Intake, exhaust, headers, and some extra boost might add 30hp if tuned properly.

But Audi's 2.0T can reliably make 300hp+ with a KO4 so maybe there is hope....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone heard anything more about performance upgrades? I would think with a CBE or full exhaust and ECU tune there would be another 30-50hp available.

I saw that ETG was doing something for tunes (they tune for a number of cars including SC'd Jags) but there hasn't been any updates since Jan/Feb so perhaps that died.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Keep up the demand, and supply will follow. It always does. Tuning 2 liter turbos has been an active business for a long time. Patience, it'll come.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Has anyone heard anything more about performance upgrades? I would think with a CBE or full exhaust and ECU tune there would be another 30-50hp available.

I saw that ETG was doing something for tunes (they tune for a number of cars including SC'd Jags) but there hasn't been any updates since Jan/Feb so perhaps that died.
There are a couple of exhaust and ECU remaps currently on the market.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can you provide links for the ECU tuning? I’ve read the threads in this forum and I can’t find any companies offering tunes for the ecoboost 4 just the diesel.

To be honest I probably won’t end up with an Evoque but if the potential is there for 300 or more hp with supporting mods I would consider it. It is a fantastically good looking vehicle inside and out and that is probably driving me to rationalize the purchase.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Can you provide links for the ECU tuning? I’ve read the threads in this forum and I can’t find any companies offering tunes for the ecoboost 4 just the diesel.

To be honest I probably won’t end up with an Evoque but if the potential is there for 300 or more hp with supporting mods I would consider it. It is a fantastically good looking vehicle inside and out and that is probably driving me to rationalize the purchase.
Maybe one example here...but haven't done enough research yet for the Eco 4.

http://www.hamann-motorsport.com/en/tuning-ranges/range-rover/evoque/evoque-3-tuerig-widebody/gallery/

I
think you'll see a decent aftermarket come to the Evoque.

The car is hot and price point is popular enough IMO but it'll take a little bit for R&D.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI GUYS

My name is Joe Fabiani and I own Fabspeed Motorsport USA and we are located in the suburbs of Philadelphia PA. I am looking for a local customer New York New Jersey, Maraland, Delaware to bring his EVOQUE by so I can develop a high performance downtube with an HJS 200 cell German Tri-metallic sports racing catalytic converter. After that we will mandrel bend a high flow rear exhaust system. Our ECU tuner with fly in and DYNO develop a tune for the car as well. I think the EVOQUE will sound great and should be able to make 325HP easily all day long. Feel free to email and or stop by our 25,000 sqft facility to take a tour and we can show you waht we do. I will hook up the 1st person that gets involved.

I have a great diea for the intake as well and we will evaulate the turbochrager system as well.

Joe Fabiani
Fabspeed Motorsports USA
155 Commerce drive
Fort Washington, PA 19002
www.fabspeed.com

[email protected]
[email protected] engineering and development director

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi all, I took my Evoque in to Joe's shop last Wednesday. He and his crew took a look at the exhaust system. I shot some video of the car on the dynojet. Never seen that before, except in the movies. it was a trip. I threw it up on to youtube if your interested.

·
Registered
94 Posts
HI GUYS

My name is Joe Fabiani and I own Fabspeed Motorsport USA and we are located in the suburbs of Philadelphia PA. I am looking for a local customer New York New Jersey, Maraland, Delaware to bring his EVOQUE by so I can develop a high performance downtube with an HJS 200 cell German Tri-metallic sports racing catalytic converter. After that we will mandrel bend a high flow rear exhaust system. Our ECU tuner with fly in and DYNO develop a tune for the car as well. I think the EVOQUE will sound great and should be able to make 325HP easily all day long. Feel free to email and or stop by our 25,000 sqft facility to take a tour and we can show you waht we do. I will hook up the 1st person that gets involved.

I have a great diea for the intake as well and we will evaulate the turbochrager system as well.

Joe Fabiani
Fabspeed Motorsports USA
155 Commerce drive
Fort Washington, PA 19002
www.fabspeed.com

[email protected]
[email protected] engineering and development director
That's exciting news! Can't wait to see any developments!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The North America EVOQUE laid down 195HP to all 4 wheels in stock form. Upon inspecting the car Land Rover installed 2 catalytic converters. The 1st one is the down tube right off the Turbocharger and the 2nd unit is a redundant unnecessary catalytic converter located under the car. My engineers will start on the downtube with HJS catalytic converter and a free-flow exhaust soon as we complete Lamborghini Aventador exhaust and 2013 Bentley Continetal 4.0L V8 Twin Turbo system.

The Evoque should be alot more fum with a freeflow exhaust and the Turbo will come up on boost alot faster and harder just like the BMW Twin Turbo cars do.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The North America EVOQUE laid down 195HP to all 4 wheels in stock form. Upon inspecting the car Land Rover installed 2 catalytic converters. The 1st one is the down tube right off the Turbocharger and the 2nd unit is a redundant unnecessary catalytic converter located under the car. My engineers will start on the downtube with HJS catalytic converter and a free-flow exhaust soon as we complete Lamborghini Aventador exhaust and 2013 Bentley Continetal 4.0L V8 Twin Turbo system.

The Evoque should be alot more fum with a freeflow exhaust and the Turbo will come up on boost alot faster and harder just like the BMW Twin Turbo cars do.
Good news! Thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
I own two Evoques. Several months ago I removed the secondary unmonitored cat. I used the flange from the second cat, cut the cat off and had a friend weld in a piece of pipe in it's place. Car slightly louder, can't tell any difference in performance. Very easy operation to perform. I would, however, instead of cutting and using the cat flange recommended one buy all the plumbing necessary before doing the job. The originall cat and plumbing would, obviously, be much easier to re-install. I wish I could post a picture, don't know how.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts