Evoque Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my dashboard ( March 2020 model 1300 miles ) it shows an information letter I in round circle in amber it says forward alert not available ok to drive with caution emergency steering / braking not available dealer said if not a fault it would be 2 hours on the computer at £180 has anybody got any ideas I have tried pushing all buttons and no change
Thanks
Eric

·
Registered
16 Posts
On my dashboard ( March 2020 model 1300 miles ) it shows an information letter I in round circle in amber it says forward alert not available ok to drive with caution emergency steering / braking not available dealer said if not a fault it would be 2 hours on the computer at £180 has anybody got any ideas I have tried pushing all buttons and no change
Thanks
Eric
It could be your wheel sensors..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Contact the dealer, that’s what the warranty is for.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dhh I never thought of that smarty pants. Did u know if its still in warranty? I've seen your comments with others on hear your a bit of a busy body. With nothing better to add to others issues

·
Registered
107 Posts
Dhh the first post says the car is a March 2020 model with 1300 miles on the clock, of course I knew it’s still covered by the manufacturers warranty.
As for being a busy body, that’s actually what the forum is for, although some people seem to think its just for trying to get free advice.
I mistakenly thought the forum was to offer/seek advice & have friendly banter, seems I was wrong.
You might have not realised this fault should be sorted free of charge under warranty, and as it had been posted that the dealer wanted £180 for diagnostic, I was simply pointing out that the OP should not have to pay anything, as the car is clearly displaying a fault which would be covered under the manufacturers warranty.
What a nasty attitude, forums really don’t need members like you.
As for having nothing better to add ??? In your post asking for help with suspension problems, another member had offered advice saying the car has air suspension. I posted a direct quote from autocar magazine, that I had gone to the trouble of researching for you, which points out that the car has standard struts, not air suspension.
But there you go, I think it’s probably best I let you get on with sorting your problem yourself. Let’s hope it doesn’t cost you too much money you could have saved by being a bit more civil & friendly on here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HI All
Sorry for the delay getting back to reply to my post, not been to good but anyways I called out LR assist they came next morning put on the computer and spent about 10 mins checking this and that he then asked me to run the vehicle for about 15 mins and the alert came back on just as I got back to my house he looked and said it looks like it is the sensor on the camera and would need to go into dealer so it is booked in for 2/8/21 for 2 days there curtesy cars are all booked out till later on in the month. Thanks for all your help and comments will let you know how it goes on asap
ERIC

·
Registered
107 Posts
HI All
Sorry for the delay getting back to reply to my post, not been to good but anyways I called out LR assist they came next morning put on the computer and spent about 10 mins checking this and that he then asked me to run the vehicle for about 15 mins and the alert came back on just as I got back to my house he looked and said it looks like it is the sensor on the camera and would need to go into dealer so it is booked in for 2/8/21 for 2 days there curtesy cars are all booked out till later on in the month. Thanks for all your help and comments will let you know how it goes on asap
ERIC
That‘s good news. Thanks for reporting the result, too many people on here just ask for advice and never let the members know how it turned out. 👍

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks
Eric
That happened on my 2013.It was the from the back fuze box and the auxiliary causing that error.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts