Evoque Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello range rover Evoque enthusiast. Sooo I've been having this code for p0071 ambient air temperature sensor circuit A range/performance code for months now. I replaced sensor on the driver side mirror where they said the sensor was located, that didn't fixed the issue. I replaced the cabin air temperature sensor inside the car, that didn't fix the problem. I'm at a lost, this seems to be a permanent code, so the check engine light keeps coming back, even if I clear it. Please help if anyone has any advice. Thank u all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello
I have the same issue and i did everything you did and nothing change, if you fix the problem please tell me how because its making me lose my mind.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there, ya this code is a pain in the ass actually. It doesn't affect the air conditioning of the car, everything works fine, except that code won't go away unless I've heard from mechanics to change the entire side mirror, which has the ambient air temperature sensor in the mirror assembly. That's a $300 plus mirror, but not guaranteed that it will fix the issue. Is ur exact code P0071? I'll keep u updated, and also let me know if u find a fix for it. Take care

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,yes i get the exact code and it it effects my A/C making it stop working suddenly and i already changed the side mirror and nothing has changed, i'll keep you updated as well. Thank you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, ya that seems to be weird. Because the code u have is the same as mine, but it doesn't affect my air conditioning. I actually unplugged the ambient air temperature sensor on mine from the plug itself on the driver side mirror on the door. When u unplug that u will get a new code p0073 and u will see the temperature indicator on the dash while the car is on, go crazy. Plug it back in, then watch the temperature indicator on the dash and see if it's almost the same as ur phone weather app. If it's the same or close then it means the issue is not the ambient temperature sensor itself, it's something else like what I've been dealing with. I've done every troubleshooting possible on this, still haven't fixed the p0071 code. Check the pic I send u.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, yea it is weird and when i start the car the temperature indicator is all over the place it show - 40c and start raising stops at 10-12c and when the temperature is like 30c making A/C going crazy it works for a while then stop and work again i kept researching till i found there is an ambient air temperature sensor attached to the evaporator i guess i need to remove the dash, i'll keep you updated, i attached a picture of the part.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the exact same thing, I took the whole dash out myself, it was difficult I tell u, lots of screws. I also checked that sensor ur showing and unplugged it, but it didn't show me a new code. I didn't changed ambient sensor, but maybe if u change it that will fix the issue hopefully. Where are u located btw? I order my parts from Lrdirect, bearmach both from uk and they ship all over the world.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yea i know its difficult but i have to fo it, i already ordered the parts i'll replace them and see if the problem is fixed, i live in libya i order the parts from LR and thank you for the code reader, if you needed anything i'll be happy to help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, great that u ordered the part from Lrdirect. They are fast shipping, and good price. When u ready to take the dashboard out, u will need a friend for sure. Remember it has two chrome bolts on the right side holding the dashboard down. U will see it when u removed the globe box, next to the airbag mechanism. Two on the left side above the steering wheel, under the instrument gauge. U will see the bolts when u remove the instrument gauge, tricky to find. I attached a pic where the sensor is located, it's on the passenger side of the heater core, if the steering on ur range rover is the left side driver. When u removed the dashboard, u will see it but difficult to remove because other things are still attached to it. U can reach down though to get it out. Lemme know if u need anything else, I'm a pro now with this. Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, thank you that is really helpful i will wait for the part and start working on it as soon as the parts arrive and i'll give you updates on whats going on, thank you again for thd help

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey there, hope ur part is on its way to u. Wanted to let u know a couple of things regarding the ambient air temperature sensor. There are literally 3 on that car, which all are under the ambient air temperature sensor category. I know u said u changed the mirror which has the one of the sensor that controls the temperature outside and u had no luck. The other one is the part ur waiting for, and that's actually called pollution sensor. It reads the pollution from the evaporator coming into the car. The another one is called cabin air temperature sensor. Which controls the ambient temperature inside the car. See pic. When I opened the dash and checked the cabin sensor, it was spinning like a fan property, and when I unplugged it I didn't get a new code on my obd reader also. That could be something u could check if u haven't yet. Good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, i didnt know about this one i've checked the one in the mirror and the one in the middle mirror no change so i'll this one to thank you for your help, i'll keep you updated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts