Evoque Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I've had numerous challenges with rattles since receiving my Evoque and sought them out as best I could.
The dealership has also struggled, but it takes up a lot of time and is far from easy.
I finally took the plunge and had the vehicle Dynamatted. It was either that or lose the car.I hate rattles.
In addition, I got the dealer to take down the frame of the roof shade and search for any loose fittings.

After all this, the rattles improved dramatically.

It's ironic that while I was reading the Q5 forum, a number of members stated that they were previous
Evoque owners who had gotten rid of the vehicle because they considered it to be a "rattle box".

I wonder how many of you are having similar experiences?

Max.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Why anyone would dump a car because of rattles is beyond me. All new cars can get rattles and most manufacturers cover it under warranty.

I've had two rattles that were loud enough to bother me, both were easy to identify and fix. The first was the TPMS module in the headliner which was lose, the other was a loose bolt in the tailgate latch. Otherwise my car has been relatively quiet (except when my baby's car seat rattles, but thats not the Evoque's fault!).

·
Registered
482 Posts
I had 1 rattle early on that was easily ID'd and fixed under warranty. A couple small rattles have come and gone, but nothing that required any attention. I listen to music, etc usually, and both rattles that came and went were quiet enough that they could not be heard when the music was on softly. Neither of them bothered me enough to have them checked out. I cannot even be sure they were the car rather than items I carry in the back.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have a rattle on my 2012 Evoque coupe coming from the rear seat belt on the passenger side where the belt comes out at top. Otherwise, pretty rock solid!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts