Evoque Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
The turbo manifold is the same for certain Ford models. I would check to see if you can purchase that much cheaper.

You can easily buy just the manifold from aftermarket suppliers at a fraction of the price. Before anyone says anything about it not being OEM, remember that the original equipment failed anyways and appears to be prone to it. Land Rover sources these from other manufacturers who supply to Ford anyways.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I thought I could get the turbo from a ford escape with the same engine because it was much cheaper. The turbo housing and cartridge part (where the turbine is) appear to be identical. But the manifold is significantly different. I got the aftermarket cast iron manifold and coupled it to a new turbo (turbo parts canada). But if I had it to do over again, I would just get the manifold by itself for a few hundred and connect it to my old turbo as it appeared to still be good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
UPDATE:

Well I ended up buying the part online.. a Borg Warner Tuebo exhaust manifold. Found a mechanic in town that has done this repair before. I dropped off Rover in the morning, and picked her up fixed in the late afternoon. All said, cost about $2300.00.

That said, the unit is actually two pieces. The turbo is clamped on to the manifold.. so one could potentially buy turbo / and or exhaust manifold part separate. I have my previous Turbo that is in perfect condition clamped/ attached to the exhaust manifold as it came on the Suv in my basement. The turbo is in excellent condition, and the manifold has 2 tiny cracks on it right at the seam. In hindsight I should have just simply had a welder make a tiny simple weld or repair with JD weld paste. Would have done the trick. If anyone else has this issue, I'll sell mine to you.. make the simple repair and away you go. Save you a ton of money and headaches...
UPDATE:

Well I ended up buying the part online.. a Borg Warner Tuebo exhaust manifold. Found a mechanic in town that has done this repair before. I dropped off Rover in the morning, and picked her up fixed in the late afternoon. All said, cost about $2300.00.

That said, the unit is actually two pieces. The turbo is clamped on to the manifold.. so one could potentially buy turbo / and or exhaust manifold part separate. I have my previous Turbo that is in perfect condition clamped/ attached to the exhaust manifold as it came on the Suv in my basement. The turbo is in excellent condition, and the manifold has 2 tiny cracks on it right at the seam. In hindsight I should have just simply had a welder make a tiny simple weld or repair with JD weld paste. Would have done the trick. If anyone else has this issue, I'll sell mine to you.. make the simple repair and away you go. Save you a ton of money and headaches...
Hello,
I'm in Madison WI and saw that you found a shop that's not a Land Rover dealership install a turbo for you. Do you mind me asking where you are located? The dealership in Madison said I need to replace the turbo for $4800. I don't smell any exhaust or hear any unusual noise. Do you mind me asking where in Wisconsin you live? Would you be willing to share the name of the shop you had replace yours and is it still working well?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My turbo failed today at just around 80,000km or 50,000miles
LR is replacing it because I have waranty because we bought the car certified used in march.
They also had to replace all the Magnaride shocks because they were blown a week after I had it (yeah right, they didnt even inspect anything before they sold it to me)
My dream car is starting to make me question it.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts