1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
44 Posts
I didn't get the 20"'s, luckily I got the Dynamic model which cam with the nice 5 spoke 19"'s on it instead of those weird looking standard wheels. I wanted the 20" wheels but not for $2500.....for the Shadow Grey ones. I plan on getting 20" wheels after a little while when more aftermarket wheels start coming out, but I'm currently trying to see if the 20" wheels from a Range Rover Sport will fit? But know one seems to know what the offset is???? I'm also wondering if 22" wheels will fit?? I think so?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
86 Posts
Go aftermarket to the style you like but if you don't mind having the same wheels as others (Mini and Hyunda has a similar style 6 wheel also), than definitely go with that Style 6. I ordered my aftermarket last week and it's going to take another 4 weeks to product and ship. Also, aftermarket you can go wider to be flush with the wheel well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got the Style 7- definitely think it's worth the $500 over the style 6. Especially with my grey body. When I first saw them, they looked like Mini wheels but once you see them a bit more and notice the details, it becomes more interesting and look totally different to me now. They were a lot cheaper than the Black 20" option- my dealer wanted $1200/ea for just the wheel with no tire or center cap.

I'm not quite happy with the offset- might push them out 10~15mm with spacers to get a better look. I'll have to see what H&R offers. Got the expensive Style 7 because I wasn't happy with the aftermarket solutions available now but if something comes out in the future, I'll make the OEM wheels the winter set and get the better looking ones for summer.

I don't think you can use wheels from a RR Sport- the bolt pattern is different.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Went with the 20's (bright) but may rethink this position once I get some miles on it. Sumantra Black exterior....thinking to just gloss black powder coat the ones i got.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Go aftermarket to the style you like but if you don't mind having the same wheels as others (Mini and Hyunda has a similar style 6 wheel also), than definitely go with that Style 6. I ordered my aftermarket last week and it's going to take another 4 weeks to product and ship. Also, aftermarket you can go wider to be flush with the wheel well.
Great, please advise which wheels size did you get, please let me know where did you buy it, and what are the exact measurements that will fit the Evoque, as I been shopping around and cannot find any information on wheel sizes for the Evoque in the USA.Thanks,Brazeagle

·
Registered
32 Posts
20" shadow rims came with my setup. Would never have ordered it, but am fine with it... Except we had a loaner LR2 which was just a lot smoother riding, which makes me think that the lack of Magna and having such huge rims really compromises ride quality.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
326 Posts
20" shadow rims came with my setup. Would never have ordered it, but am fine with it... Except we had a loaner LR2 which was just a lot smoother riding, which makes me think that the lack of Magna and having such huge rims really compromises ride quality.
I have the style 6 20" rims, which is the same style as the shadow.

I think my Evoque Dynamic with the dynamic suspension (magna-ride) rides and handles better than the Pure I drove with 19" rims.

·
Registered
24 Posts
All of the images have the option 6 wheels. Very cool, but worth $2000 USD? I opted not to get 'em. Thoughts?
Go aftermarket to the style you like but if you don't mind having the same wheels as others (Mini and Hyunda has a similar style 6 wheel also), then definitely go with that Style 6. I ordered my aftermarket last week and it's going to take another 4 weeks to product and ship. Also, aftermarket you can go wider to be flush with the wheel well.
I agree with both Evocurious and Lionhead. I think the Option Wheels are nice looking, but personally neither one of them rocks my boat when it comes to the overall look of the car. That's why I opted to buy 20" aftermarket wheels, install OEM caps on them, and call it a day. I'm keeping the Style 3 Dynamic wheels that came with the vehicle for winter tires. I ended up spending about the same amount the Option Wheels would have cost, but I now have a set I like much better and another one for our "Mild" Chicago winters.

Like anything else, it all comes down to a matter of personal taste (I don't expect everyone to like my new wheels either!). Here are some pics, just had them installed this past Friday.

IMAG0989.jpg

photo7.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
only tried smaller wheels on a LR2, and that is a totally different car :) - would not know how big the diff is - but I can only imagine the ride get's harder the bigger the rims.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like them! What did u do with the tires that came with the OEM rims?
Thanks Evocurious! OEM tires are still on the Dynamic rims in storage. Sometime in October/November I'll make a decision on whether to switch them out to winter tires (can't make myself think of another winter when summer hasn't yet started!).

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
326 Posts
I agree with both Evocurious and Lionhead. I think the Option Wheels are nice looking, but personally neither one of them rocks my boat when it comes to the overall look of the car. That's why I opted to buy 20" aftermarket wheels, install OEM caps on them, and call it a day. I'm keeping the Style 3 Dynamic wheels that came with the vehicle for winter tires. I ended up spending about the same amount the Option Wheels would have cost, but I now have a set I like much better and another one for our "Mild" Chicago winters.

Like anything else, it all comes down to a matter of personal taste (I don't expect everyone to like my new wheels either!). Here are some pics, just had them installed this past Friday.

View attachment 243

View attachment 244
Wow, they look great on your Evoque. Who makes those rims? What size, and are all dimensions the same as the 20's that are otpitonal from RR? They go great with the black roof and trim.

I am investigating having my Style 6 20's powder coated black to match the black roof and trim on my Evoque, my Range Rover badges front and rear are now black. :cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow, they look great on your Evoque. Who makes those rims? What size, and are all dimensions the same as the 20's that are otpitonal from RR? They go great with the black roof and trim.

I am investigating having my Style 6 20's powder coated black to match the black roof and trim on my Evoque, my Range Rover badges front and rear are now black. :cool:
Thanks FLSTFIDave!

It took a lot of courage on my part to pull the trigger and get black rims (I've never really been a fan of black wheels). But after much deliberation I went for it as my color combo (Firenze Red/Santorini Black) is on the dark side and what I didn't like about the OEMs was that I thought they stuck out like a sore thumb (Style 7s would probably be better, but IMO they're EXTREMELY overpriced for how they look & just not worth it).

I purchased the rims through the Tire Rack website (at an insane discount since they used my Evoque as the baseline to offer products). They're the same dimensions as the RR Option Wheels. Your Style 6 would look great with a black powder coat; please post pics when you do!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Who makes the wheels you got from tire rack? Curious to do a cost compairson between them and powder coating and machining the edge like those.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Who makes the wheels you got from tire rack? Curious to do a cost compairson between them and powder coating and machining the edge like those.
Here you go. Decided for these after reading some good reviews online.

Helo HE845
Finish: Black w/Mach Lip

Front and Rear Fitments20"
$204

20x8 20x8 $204 (each)

Offset: 42mmBackspacing: 6.41"Bolt Pattern: 5-108
Rec. Tire Size:245/45-20
Weight: 30.0lbs.

Set of 4: $816.00

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thank you for the information. That is not a bad price for the four rims at all. It will be interesting to see how much it will cost to powder coat what my stock ones, if it gets to close I will consider aftermarkt. Yours really do look great.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts