Evoque Forums banner

Anyone Have "Gearbox Fault" Message, while stuck in P?

9K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  autoalain 
#1 ·
Had my new Evoque Pure Premium for less than a month. Had to bring it in to LR service. I was parking, and went from D to R, and the gearbox went to P and locked out. I got a warning message "gearbox fault". I couldn't move the car. After calling LR, they recommended I turn off engine for a minute or two. This solved problem, but they said to bring it in anyway. They didn't find anything, but re-calibrated the software. Hopefully get it back tomorrow. Don't really like the Jag FX loaner. LR were just scratching their heads. We were planning a trip today which involved ferry travel, and if this had happened on the Ferry, it would be a disaster (if it didn't reset). Instead took a trip to LR (50 miles away). Anyone else with this experience?

#2 ·
This happened in my jag and they said they couldn't find anything either. It happens I notice when it's cold outside. Usually stopping and restarting the car will fix the issue. Mine would sometimes pop up and and then go back down. Or it wouldn't go down at all. Here's a hint through. Even if it gets stuck in the recessed position, you can still turn the dial. So if you're in a pinch. Just do that to get it into the gear you want to get moving. Really annoying that it's happening. But I still love the shifter as it makes it so unique.

#3 ·
Thanks Holeecow. The problem I had was that it was stuck in the up position, locked in park, and I couldn't turn the shifter. You are right about stopping and starting the engine again. Also, yesterday was fairly warm out (upper 60's). Thanks for your input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.