Evoque Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My US 2014 Evoque Prestige was to come with Park Exit (it's even listed on the window sticker), but neither me nor my dealer can activate it. They've called Land Rover HQ, but they have no answer and supposedly haven't had any other calls about this. The dealer tried it another 2014 Evoque also without success.

When one pushes the Park Assist button, it's supposed to cycle between the various options, but instead just turns parallel park assist on/off.

So, does ANYONE out there have an Evoque with the Park Exit or Perpendicular Park assist feature actually working??

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: my dealer (who's been great) has been talking to LR about this, even sending them a dump of the electronics memory maps and configurations. LR says everything looks just fine and that there is no problem. :confused: Umm... yes there is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any news on this? I got a 2014 Pure Plus with "Advanced Park Assist w/ Park Exit" listed on the sticker and I can only do parallel parking with it (no exit).

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any news on this? I got a 2014 Pure Plus with "Advanced Park Assist w/ Park Exit" listed on the sticker and I can only do parallel parking with it (no exit).
It's in the shop now, where they're been working on it with LR engineers for over a week. It seems I may have been the first to bring this to their attention. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got an email from my dealership -- JLR has apparently recognized that there's a software issue with Park Exit, and they're working on a software update to fix it. They'll issue a recall once it's ready.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I just got an email from my dealership -- JLR has apparently recognized that there's a software issue with Park Exit, and they're working on a software update to fix it. They'll issue a recall once it's ready.
Yup, like you said. Just got the call this morning to pick up my Evoque. After over a week working on it they realized it was an issue affecting all US-market Evoques with with Advanced Park Assist. No ETA on a fix, and they've released a bulletin on the issue. Park Exit isn't that big a deal to me, but it's kind of disappointing that they didn't do a basic test of all features on at least one Evoque before shipping them out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems LR is pulling all mention of park exit from web site and possibly new car window stickers. Hopefully this is temporary until they get the feature working and not a sign that they've given up. On the other hand, the feature, or lack of it, is ultimately not a big deal to me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone have an update on this one? I've just emailed my local service department also. Will keep this thread updated as I find out more.

Update: Got this in a reply on another forum.
The official word on this (in the USA market) is that on March 6th, an Operations Bulletin was released concerning this. "A manufacture software programming issue has been identified." All 2014 Evoques with Advanced Park Assist have been programmed without the "Park Out" feature. A service campaign is to follow with a required software upgrade that will enable the Park Out feature.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fixed!! I just got my Evoque back from the dealer for some other work, and they successfully installed the park update fix! I didn't even know it was available yet. Now instead of the park button just toggling assist on/off, it brings cycles through park, exit, and off. Interestingly it shows but skips over the perpendicular park option in the instrument panel. I'm assuming perp. Park simply isn't available in the USA. I'll post pics and report on how well it works hopefully on Friday. -- Paul

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sweet!! I don't suppose your dealer would be kind enough to share the TSB number so that we can bug ours would they? :D My dealer still doesn't have any info.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ok, I've been playing with the park assist update. Perpendicular Park option is displayed on dashboard but is not selectable. Park exit is there and working. Parallel park on the other hand frequently goes into too far and runs into the curb about half the time. Anyone else experiencing this?

-- Paul

p.s. Sorry about the double image. Can't see how to delete the extra bigger one.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts