Evoque Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed this after starting the car from cold and waiting for my wife to get to the car.

Car starts and the revs sit pretty high around the 950/1K mark. After a few moments the revs momentary drop to around 600 then straight back up to around 1K.
When the drop the car does a minor shudder like it was about to stall but just recovered.
Does it maybe every 15 seconds. Once warm no problem.

It's liek the computer can't quite get the choke setting right for the engine.

Anyway, pretty minor issue and i'm sure the dealer will see it that way too so i'm hesitant to take it in.
Just wondering if anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
As the oxygen sensors come online, the fuel mixture can go from one extreme to the other momentarily. As soon as they are warm and transmitting, the idle should be strong. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello. I have a 2016. Mine is doing the same thing, dropping and stalling sometimes when first taking off if it's cold outside and car is still cold. I let it sit for 1-3 minutes before driving, but about a mile down the road I have a stop sign and it wants to stall, and has. :-(

Did you ever find the issue?

Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Aloha,
I have a 2020 Evoque that has been stalling at completely random intervals. Hot/Cold, within 5 minutes of driving on some days, or after hours of driving. Sometimes will stall several times in one day, and sometimes go 3 or 4 days without stalling. It is infuriating and I can never seem to get the dealer to replicate the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts