Evoque Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently drove a volkswagen passat as a rental for a week. It was almost new and had about 9k miles and i believe was just a base model. I completely fell in love with it and have been thinking about get a vw passat, jetta, or cc. However the more research i do im seeing people say reliability wise they arent great. I am great with routine maintenance and i dont ever drive my car too rough. However, i want a car that is reliable and will last years after i pay it off. Does anyone have any experience?

2015 Latest Version Launch X431 Diagun Full Set OBD2 Diagnostic Tool +3 Year WRT
2015 Latest version! Multi-Language Software for your option!
100% New! High Quality!
Shipping 4-8 working days to Worldwide!
FREE Lifetime Update by email !
3 Year Warranty !

·
Registered
173 Posts
A coworker bought a new Jetta a couple years ago. Had a couple of smallish issues, but otherwise, it seemed like a good car. His girlfriend bought the same car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I thought VW had the highest owner "love" of all makes?
Love is what makes a Subaru a Subaru. (my Subie, which I just sold with 90Kmi on it... was a truly fine vehicle. My 11 year old daughter was truly in love with it, as she spent all her life in the back of it.)

My $0.02

1. all cars are pretty reliable these days
2. more innovative, new cars, with more options and features are less reliable than base models, or models that haven't changed for many years
3. the reliability difference model to model is generally greater than brand vs brand... due often to #2 above.

Cars are an 'emotional' purchase.

So- if you've fallen in love with a VW.... get the VW. They make fine cars. As good as anyone.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I know of 4 people, 2 are family members that have purchased VW's in the last 5 weeks.

·
Registered
335 Posts
VW ownership is like a cult, but they almost all seem to blow out taillights, older ones leaked like a sive and were NOT inexpensive to repair. Very quirky things break on them. Ask any shop that works on them. They are near the bottom (maybe at) of JD Powers EVERY year. I think of them as German Chevy's.

Subie owners are similar. I had an STi for 5 years but got rid of the Tribeca in 2 years. Was giving me carpel tunnel due to lack of arm rests and silly driving position. At least Subies are bullet proof. "Inexpensive and built to stay that way." Only way they die is old age and rust.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I remember them an Audi used to be way down the list but in recent years I think they have both improved drastically. But it can change drastically from year to year. Jag and LR used to be at the bottom, but Jag suddenly jumped to the top in reliability one year, while LR still was down at the bottom. I think this could be because there isn't nearly as big of a different between the bottom and the top as in the past.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts