Evoque Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends

Its been a few years with the evoque the warranty is almost over. The only real issue I had was the rattling which was never fixed so my fix was keep the volume up on my music and my transfer case died. Couple times the evoque became RWD once in a heavy snow storm. Finally 2 month ago dealer replaced the transfer case.

I also heard the turbo is not so good on these cars (goes often) and smell a oil smell from the car when parked in the garage.

I think it might be better to trade it in for the new velar or maybe the f pace.

What are yall doing/did?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think it might be better to trade it in for the new velar or maybe the f pace.
Velar and F-pace are quite a bit bigger: 14 to 17 inches longer. E-pace is basically a rebodied Evoque, just a couple inches longer. You might find a Lincoln MKC to be comfortably in between.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Our warranty has been up for a while now. We haven't had a single issue with her since we purchased almost a year ago. Snow, sleet, rain, and flooding, and she is doing great. Looking to purchase a second one or a discovery sport. Shall see when i get back in town from work

·
Registered
206 Posts
I do plan to keep mine after the warranty. But considering how much there is to go wrong and how much it costs to repair, I am considering an extended warranty for the first time in my life.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Reports seem polarized. Some people have had no problems, some have consistent.
Perhaps if you've had good luck, hold onto it.

My 2017 has had consistent electrical problems, will absolutely sell before warranty expires (but I do have a 7 year warranty).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Me? I don't have an aftermarket warranty. The manufacturer extended warranty was part of the purchase negotiation. It's 7 year, 100,000 mile total.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought a 2012 last November - zero issues, zero worries....it had all required maintenance performed and all TSB's addressed by previous owner....

·
Registered
18 Posts
FYI I purchased an extended warranty for my VW CC. Paid for itself for sure. I think it was nearly $900. CNA National Warranty Company. Recommended by the dealer but I'd do a bit of Googling. VW's ended at 36K so easier decision.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I sold mine 6 months ago. No way I would own one out of warranty. But then I wouldn't own a VW out of warranty either, or a Ford for that matter. Not that I had problems with mine (MY15), other than stalling a couple of times, hick-ups at idle, a few rattles and the underseat sub never worked until I added my my amp to it.

Unfortunately I probably won't own another JLR again. The F Pace was a disappointment for me and ongoing reliability issues STILL with JLR products. My brother just bought a Disco Sport 8 months ago and it's already let him down twice with phantom problems (going into limp mode scooting along the highway and the dealer later said there were no faults registered??? and a coolant leak somewhere on the engine block - yet to be fixed).

Such a shame though. I have always been a staunch defender (I've owned two of those) of JLR products, but I just don't have the confidence in them. I wouldn't venture out much past the city in any of them to be honest.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Earlier I was set on getting a f pace or a velar but the f pace doesn't really strike me as exciting and for velar money you can get a full size range rover CPO. I really like the full size and looked into a few but after thinking using common sense the numbers don't make any justifiable sense to trade.

Might just spring for some new wheels and goodies for the evoque.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wish I had got rid of mine now the warranty is out the repair bills are mounting not to mention getting strange a couple of times with no dealer for hundreds of miles. If you can afford it dump it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I wish I had got rid of mine now the warranty is out the repair bills are mounting not to mention getting strange a couple of times with no dealer for hundreds of miles. If you can afford it dump it.
What kind of things are failing on you now that the warranty is out? Were you having lots of failures before the warranty ended? I have just under 5000 miles left on my warranty. So far I have not had any serious problems. I had the sunglass holder failure and the auto stop/start "feature" stopped working.

For me it isn't the fact that LR vehicles are less reliable, it is that it is combined with ridiculously high mechanic labor costs and crazy parts cost. They wanted $400 labor and $400 parts to replace the front left bumper camera. I found the exact same camera new on ebay from the UK for about $60 shipped and I replaced it in about 1.5 hours and now that I know what not to do, I could have replaced it in 30 minutes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What kind of things are failing on you now that the warranty is out? Were you having lots of failures before the warranty ended? I have just under 5000 miles left on my warranty. So far I have not had any serious problems. I had the sunglass holder failure and the auto stop/start "feature" stopped working.

For me it isn't the fact that LR vehicles are less reliable, it is that it is combined with ridiculously high mechanic labor costs and crazy parts cost. They wanted $400 labor and $400 parts to replace the front left bumper camera. I found the exact same camera new on ebay from the UK for about $60 shipped and I replaced it in about 1.5 hours and now that I know what not to do, I could have replaced it in 30 minutes.
Turbo failure was the last thing. $5800 later they gave me the car back with the oil at the bottom of the dipstick1.5 liters shortof full.
my favorite was the total shutdown overtaking a parked snow plough in a blizzard on a highway. Dealer reported no fault logged or found. Can't wait for that to happen again.
Parts prices are scandalous so is labor I am doing all my own repairs and servicing from now on.
My nearest dealer is now a 120 miles away. As much as I like the car to drive around in I just do need the aggravation of owning it

·
Registered
1 Posts
First, let me begin with: My car was a certified pre-owned dealership loaner. It has a 1 year extended warranty to 100,000 miles, a total of 5 year warranty on this vehicle. Wow…thought I was safe. I walked into this purchase wide eyes SHUT. I read about the reliability issues and the complaints about the shifting, etc… 6 months before my purchase. I had “little” things go wrong, light bulb out..the stop start batter failed, 02 sensor, all that within 6 months… then all was good and covered by the warranty. So I thought. Fast forward, 3 years later: The vehicle continued to have issues with hesitating during turns… at every oil change I asked service to look at it…I was told: This vehicle has turbo lag, it is trying to think what gear it needs to go in, our transmission guy isn’t here today.. Finally, I insisted it be looked at, the vehicle started to hesitate from Drive to reverse and Reverse to Drive, at one point I would hear and feel a loud banging and a jolt when going into reverse. Back to the dealership: they reloaded the software and “trained” it to drive again… all was hunky dory until 2 weeks after the reprogram, then vehicle did all of the above and then went into high gear on the highway, as if it were stuck. Vehicle now back in to service… bad news: I needed a new transmission, unfortunately “new” means rebuilt. I now have a 3 year old vehicle with a rebuilt transmission and 2 more years to pay on it. My service advisor told me flat out, get rid of the car before the warranty goes out. The rebuilt transmission was $14,000 +, no not a typo.
I consider myself “lucky” that I still have the manufactures warranty…sadly, I will be selling the vehicle before the warranty expires.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts