1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Normally you still need winter tyres with AWD if you want to drive sporty in winter. Landrover should have the rims. I saw some winter tyres and rims at my dealers.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
89 Posts
I always run snows...every AWD car or truck I have owned really improved the safe stopping distances which to me is accident avoidance at its best...worth the small investment....

.....if you can afford a Range Rover you can afford the neccessary safety equipment...don't cheap out on winter safety

Paul

·
Registered
76 Posts
I always run snows...every AWD car or truck I have owned really improved the safe stopping distances which to me is accident avoidance at its best...worth the small investment....

.....if you can afford a Range Rover you can afford the neccessary safety equipment...don't cheap out on winter safety

Paul
+1 on this
I wanted winter tires on my RRE but the dealership said no they won't swap out the allseason contis. Plus tthey had no more stock of whatever winter tires they carried for the size I needed. I was going to have a second set of wheels for summer anyway so it made sense to just have the winters on.

It's the stopping distance that is important in winter not so much the power to the wheels.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In December I swapped out the Michelan Lattitude summer tires that came standard on my 20" shadow chrome wheels. I purchased Bridgestone Blizzaks, and they are awesome. Chicago has not been hit too badly with snow, but on those days that I needed them, these snow tires really gripped the road, and I stopped without slipping, and turned without sliding. I traded in my RR LSE for this car, and the Evoque has superior winter handling. Whole hearted recommendation to switch to snows in winter. The tread pattern on the Blizzak is very cool and the combo wheel/tire looks great.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the stock M+S Continentals. Just returned from the snow and was shocked at how poor they are, in fact they felt dangerous. Love them on the highway and off road, but they won't be going back to the snow.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
87 Posts
Are they the "all seasons" that come with the 19" wheels, or the 20" summer tires, Gimme? Was this road with snow and ice, or was it off road?
I have the 19" Cross Contact M+S. There were some icy roads, some fresh snow, and some hard pack, the tires were slippery on all. I'm a pretty seasoned winter driver and have had numerous all wheel drive cars, the Continentals are among the worst I've experienced for snow. Love them everywhere else.

Evoque2.jpg

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info.

I had not ordered the 20" Sparkle 6 rims for my Prestige yet (expected delivery May5), was debating on it. So yesterday I inquired about getting the 20" added, with the plan of getting new rims with Blizzaks next winter and switching them by season. Turns out you can't get even the wheels swapped this late in the game. The last day I could amend my order was Feb 20 according to them. I was surprised by this. There's still 45d+ before delivery! I guess things happen for a reason.

I was thinking of powdercoating the 20 spoke standard Prestige rims- I think they'd look better in black. Any thoughts from you guys?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have been thinking about having my style 6 20" rims powder coated gloss black. I think that would complement the black grill and black top on the Evoque.

Sorry to hear the contis are poor in the snow, I get so little I was hoping I could use them year round

1 - 11 of 11 Posts