Evoque Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a recent thread where a couple of owners had their engine coolant light come on because Coolant was low. Go out and check your coolant today. After I read the thread, I checked my coolant and sure enough, the level was just above minimum AFTER only 1900 miles. I brought this to the attention of my dealer when I took the car in to top off the fluids. They indicated I was the first to do so..my quess is that most people take for granite that with low mileage, the coolant should be OK...well it may not be. Let us know if your coolant is low when you check it...it would help us to contact RR if the numbers are large.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I guess when I get back in the USA I will have to check my coolant level.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My coolant light went on at 5500 miles. Well below minimum level. My Range Rover peeps told me per email to just top up with water since there should be enough coolant in the system already. So did that = light went off.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just had my low coolant level warning for the 2nd time since August, now at 10,200 miles. Checked it out and sure enough, it's pretty low. Going to the dealer to have them check for leaks as I don't consider this to be normal for such a low mileage engine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My light also has been going on & off for the past 3 weeks, checked my level & its just below the low fill level. I am takng to the dealer next week to have them re-check the drivers door weatherseal....still has major wind noise in cabin even after replacement. Also tpm check, all 4 tires check lights are lit.
Bruce

·
Registered
326 Posts
Mine is half way between low fill level and the full fill level, 7500 miles never added any coolant.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine was low. They topped off during one of the times I had my car in for the Restricted Performance/wet weather driving thing. They patted me on the head and told me no problem.

What are we theorizing, here, if this is a recurring item? Robots underfilling it on the assembly line? Pressure leak somewhere (another design flaw)?

·
Registered
44 Posts
There have been some Evoque coolant reservoirs that leak from a blanking cap near the bottom of the reservoir. The cap has a hose fitted to it on right hand drive cars. Another leak has been a threaded core plug in the cylinder head beween the camshafts. There is a run of engines where the plug has been fitted without thread sealer AND has not been torqued sufficiently. If your Evoque is losing coolant and you can't find it, it is probably leaking into the engine itself. Get it into your service department as soon as possible.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've had the same problem as Bruce, low miles, coolant light on all the time (I'm taking it in in 2 days) and all 4 tire pressure lights on. I now have no cold A/C and some odd clicking noise when I turn my steering wheel right or left. I was hesitant to buy this brand of car because I always heard they were in the shop and so far, they are right. I had mine in the shop earlier because the automatic back hatch quit working and the wipers went on randomly during hot dry days. This is getting a bit old. :^(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Took my car to get the coolant issue looked at - here's what the report said afterwards:
"Found that coolant level low at time of arrival. Pressure checked cooling system 21PSI for 20 mins. Found no external coolant leaks and hold pressure at this time. Removed cam cover to access cylinder core plug for leakage and found residual coolant around plug. Removed plugs and reinstalled with #243 locktite and retorqued to 75NM. Removed both plugs (#1, 42. 7MN) and installed #243 locktite. Reinstalled both plugs to 75NM. No problems found."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Coolant Low - Disappointed

I am becoming increasingly disappointed with the Range Rover Evoque total quality experience. The low coolant light just came on at around 7,500 miles. I've owned the vehicle less than one year. This never happened on my Mazda CX9, in over four years. I am now making my 4th trip to the dealership in less than a year. The first was a bad tire, the second was a failed rear wiper washer hose, the third was the engine flash service recall, and now (#4!) the coolant is low. I still love the drive and styling of the vehicle, but these guys are losing me as a satisfied customer. I expect more from a luxury vehicle.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Usually not a good idea to top up with water unless it's a small amount. "Coolant" raises the boiling point of your mixture (as does the sealed system, of course). I was getting over-heating on my full size Range, saw it was low and -- at advice of my dealer -- topped up with water. Bottom line was the water addition made problem worse. Finally got hands on proper coolant and that slowed the issue way down until back from trip and into dealer.

Also would be very helpful if people filled in their "location" section in their profile so we have some idea where you are as cars are not always equipped the same in other countries.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just had my 1st service done on Jan 4th where they supposedly filled all fluids and my coolant light is on once again. This is the 5th time in 14,000 miles. I'm starting to think that this can't be ok no matter how many times they tell me it's normal. I'm scheduling an appt for them to look at it again...

·
Registered
65 Posts
My dealer finally acknowledged this issue and was able to resolve it, they had to keep the car for a couple of days for the fix. Land Rover is aware of this issue and there is a SA related to the problem. They also had to replace the oil and filter even though I just had the first service done in early January because of possible leaks into the engine.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts