Evoque Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been driving me mad all night. In my excitement of wanting to get on the road upon delivery and pickup I may have rushed.

When turning on Auto the A/C comes on and stays lit. Is this normal?
I can't turn off air recirculation. It stays on auto or one of the two manual options.

According to videos I've been watching this isn't normal but wanted to make sure. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any input!

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
First, Welcome to the forum!

On our MY13, if you press the Auto button, the AC light below it comes on, and the Auto recirculation button is also lit. I believe this is normal operation. As the term would imply, it is in Automatic mode, and based on the outside temperature, and what you choose for the inside setting, the auto program will decide the best way to get to the inside temperature.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for the reply. That makes sense. Even in manual mode I can't turn off the recirc.

There's three options it goes through. Maybe it's meant to be this way. I'm headed over now just to clarify. Thanks Again!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Seems normal. Mine does the same. A/C light stays on in auto mode.

Not sure about your description of recirc, though. It does have three options. Auto, manual and fresh air. It switches to auto when you go into auto mode. But the light should go out on one of them. (I'll confirm today just to be sure).

EDIT: should have said switches to "auto" when you go into auto mode. (originally said "manual")

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

My three options are, auto, timed manual, and latched. Do you just use auto? I'm new to this stuff so Latched could be what I was looking for but no matter what one of the recirc lights stays lit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, yeah that's what I'm doing. I know nothing about cars, so whoever designed the system has my blind faith. Interesting checking the eco data though. Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts