Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if other members of our Evoque forum experience the operation of their back-up camera in the way my camera works:

Its nighttime and when backing up down my drive way with my Evoque's lights on I get a rather dim low contrast color image from the camera because of the outside darkness. If I do the same back-up with my lights off the camera gives me a high contrast black and white image similar to a night vision scope which makes everything much easier to see. It seems to me that the camera should also work in this night high contrast mode when your lights are on at night. Doesn't seem right that to get a clear vision from the camera you need to turn your lights off! Does anyone else experience this? Recently I drove a Jeep Cherokee loaner and its camera's night function was always in a high contrast mode with the lights on. I have a 2013 Evoque coupe.

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
Mstraka, I waited until it got dark and had a look at the backup camera image in our MY13 Evoque Coupe. I can't say that even in the daytime, that the camera has a really sharp image. It is more than adequate, but not HD by any means. In the dark, I really didn't see too much difference between having the lights on or off. There was some difference with the lights on, but not much.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mstraka, I waited until it got dark and had a look at the backup camera image in our MY13 Evoque Coupe. I can't say that even in the daytime, that the camera has a really sharp image. It is more than adequate, but not HD by any means. In the dark, I really didn't see too much difference between having the lights on or off. There was some difference with the lights on, but not much.
As different as night and day in my Evoque (no pun intended!) With lights off at night the camera image is a black and white image and the contrast is greater for better image recognition – like wearing night goggles. There is no difference of resoultion as in a HD image. Wish it would work like this with the lights on. This is really odd. If I can I'll try to get a photo of the reverse camera image to better show what it looks like. Can anyone else comment on this? Is it something unique to my Evoque?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts