Evoque Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the last 8-10 months I had to replace the alternator once and the battery 3 times on my '12 Evoque Prestige and might have to replace it a 4th time soon. I haven't had the alternator checked again but that's next on the list to-do's. I also had found some water in the driver's side after a short vacation and leaving the truck parked on the street, this was when all the issues seem to have started, there was what sounded like a short in the radio at the time. After doing some troubleshooting for issues with the backup camera (which now doesn't pop up) I found some pretty bad corrosion on the module under the driver's seat, I believe it's the Rear Park Assist Module, that's on order and must be coming on a row boat from the U.K. For now I put a charger on the battery every so often while it's parked in the garage until I sort it all out, but from time to time I get a Low Battery" warning.
Does anyone have any idea if the issues are all inter-related to the corrosion issues, or if the charging/battery issues are separate?

Thanks in advance!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts