Evoque Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, 2015 dynamic, car sat unused for 6 months, drove all winter and starts fine even well below '0' in montreal winter, If I turn on radio when i shut down engine I get message, low battery will shutdown in 3 minutes,
I have read other battery topics here, but I am really confused on 'which' battery is a fault, I suspect it's the little guy under the cover near windsheild, but unable to test it like a car battery (under load). is there
a way to find out which one is at fault?, this 'was' an accidented car and NOT covered by manufacturer, so it's my buck, surely if car starts fine at very very cold temps it should not be the big battery. Thanks Mike.

·
Super Moderator
580 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

If your Evoque starts fine, even in those temperatures, I doubt you have a bad battery. Our MY13 Coupe is a garage queen, so I keep it connected to a float charger. When the battery is at optimum charge, the charger shows a green light. Even with the charger showing a green light, I will get the 3 minute warning if I switch on the ignition for a while without starting the engine. I really believe that the "3 minute warning" is programed into the CAN bus software as a self protection function, and has nothing to do with the condition of the battery. Just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I hope you are wrong, I would wonder how many people panic and change batteries for no reason, my car did sit idle for a few months and I suspect the little battery really took a hit, it looks like those little tractor batteries that last only a
year or two at best, I guess no one so far has told us what that little battery does, if you are correct I would be very disapointed, with range rover, I did have an air bag sensor go bad on the steering column, I was forced to buy a complete
new column by land rover, they would not sell the sensor seperate, I did talk to a rep, and they do NOT care about throwing away perfect stuff, just profit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts