Evoque Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
How much are you paying for a new battery? Are you buying it online and installing yourself? Thanks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Guess the forum is more active in the uk. I didn鈥檛 know that one existed! Thank you

Registered
Didnt see this until now. I did a battery swap about a month ago.
Did it myself very straight forward. Replaced it with a 850cca interstate

Registered
Yeah, this forum is pretty dead. It seems there are some people on here but they rarely post anything.

I think the LR battery is pretty expensive. I think Interstate battery for the 2015 (I assume all are the same) is the MTX-94R H7 which has a list of around $220. I don't think you can find many brands much cheaper. I think the LR battery is closer to $400. You can find Interstate dealers here

https://www.interstatebatteries.com/location-finder

I think the AC Delco 94RAGM is the equivalent and is just under $200 on Amazon.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I got it replaced for $284 at the deal after I used a coupon Land Rover sent $50 so yes pricey. My first battery was repacked for free because it was still under warranty. I bought my car in 2022 before they placed a second battery in the car. 馃槩. Thanks guys

Registered
Ok, I give up. Either I am complete idiot or no one has actually described replacing the battery.
I鈥檝e looked on this forum and the European counterparts.
My quick story, I have a 鈥13 Dynamic Coupe. The original battery is not holding a charge after a week primarily
because I only drive her to the train station and back during the week. Total, 3 miles a day. Come Friday night she
barely turns over especially now that the NE winters have started.
So, like a good boy I go out buy a new battery on Saturday to take a standard 1/2 hour to swap it out.
Boy, was I wrong. Barring the electric resets, how do you get the damn thing out of the car? Even with all the plastic bits and hold down removed the torsion bar straddles the battery and I can鈥檛 wedge or out. Do I have to remove the bar? Four (4) factory installed bolts hold it down. That鈥檚 going to take one big ass wrench extension just get the leverage to crack the seal.
Help! Can some explain who has done this or point me in the right direction for instruction?

Registered
I have never replaced the battery on mine but you do have to remove that bar. I don't know what size those are, but they shouldn't be that difficult to remove. The torque value on those is only 18.5 ft-lb (25Nm). For reference wheel lugs are normally around 90-110 ft-lb depending on the car.

Registered
Its pretty straight forward and yes you have to take the strut bar off; its called something else in LR terms. The strut bar is torque is 25 Nm or 18 lb-ft so hand tight i torqued it down to 25 or 30 - it just seemed to light for me.

1. Remove battery shield.
2. Remove the cold air intake
3. Remove strut bar and remove.
4. unbolt - terminal,
5. unbolt smaller terminal on +
5.5 unbolt normal terminal +
6. There is a retaining bolt and clip on the bottom left of the battery. You'll have to lift the battery and remove the clip at the same time its going to take a lot of fuddling around with it.

When I changed it I had to climb on the car frame and dead lift the battery; I'm a small guy 130lbs.

Registered
I'm of average size (170lb) but I still am not looking forward to dragging that super sized battery out of the middle of the engine compartment. I've never owned a vehicle with a battery this large and it is the first one that doesn't have the battery near the side.

Registered
Just checking in.
The battery swap was far easier than expected.
Once I decided to give it a go and remove the crossbar over the battery.
Well, took a regular size wrench (8鈥) to see what it would take and it
Turned pretty easily. So much for factory tightening.
Total job, 20 minutes. It took longer to put the plastic bits back on.

Thanks all

1 - 16 of 16 Posts