Evoque Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did anyone upgrade their brakes yet... looking at bembo GT kit..

·
Registered
59 Posts
I did quite abit of research on doing this but decided in the end to skip it. Cost to do the upgrade is just absurd. Around 7 grand just for the GT kit FRONTS. Regular brembos are around 2.5k for the fronts. All in all, I see about 5-6k invested for regular brembos and north of 10k for the GT's. Instead, I'm waiting for the Porsche Macan to be released and trading the Evoque then(the Macan has a factory Brembo option)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Folks,
For what it's worth. I just got some brake caliper covers from China. See below link. Took over two weeks to get here. It appears they may relatively easily go over the calipers on the Evoque. Some Dremel Tool grinding of the plastic may be required. The web site suggesst gluing them on with silicon caulk. I don't think that's a good idea. A small short screw may work better if one can find a safe place in the caliper to tap one. We all know the caliper dust off these cars is a problem. I painted my calipers red but a day after a wash job they are covered in black soot. I'm hoping these covers help. They should be much easier to keep clean than the actual calipers which are full of nooks and crannys which get stained and are impossible to clean. Believe me, I've tried. Right now, where I live, it's mighty cold. May be a while before I can get on the install. One very good thing about the covers, the Brembo labels are decals, easily removed with a finger nail. Certainly don't want to offend the folks that may have purchased the real item. Also, I was informed by my dealer a brake job on the cars is just over a thousand dollars.

Red Brembo Look Brake Caliper Cover Kit Front Rear 4pcs | eBay

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rotor is still too small.. I think my e55 amg rotor is bigger than that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
For what it's worth. Chose stainless steel screws to mount. Good luck with any caulks or cements. At least I can get them off if necessary, Peeled the decals off, put a coat of wax on them. Also both front and rear covers need a little grinding. Thank goodness for grinding wheels. The most important thing is my brakes actually still work!? Wonder how long the covers actuall will last?

IMG_1413.JPG IMG_1414.JPG IMG_1415.JPG IMG_1416.jpg

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes, if you pick the correct spots, look at my pictures. I used very short stainless steel scres. I'd reccomed thredding the holes, I didn't. No leaks, no problems. Keeping the dust down nicely so far. There must be about 20 different types on E-Bay. Some folks actually are asking over $300. for some plastic ones. Most $20-50. or less.
Cheesy

·
Registered
251 Posts
Cobra,
I'd agree the brighter red adds to their larger appearence. However, both the front and rears needed a little grinding to fit properly overthe calipers. Perhaps a different color may add to a more conservative look. Regardless, my wheels brake dust has been cut by a considerable degree. I know when it comes time for a brake job I'll pop for some real Brembo's before I pay over a thousand for a dealer job.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Cobra,
I'd agree the brighter red adds to their larger appearence. However, both the front and rears needed a little grinding to fit properly overthe calipers. Perhaps a different color may add to a more conservative look. Regardless, my wheels brake dust has been cut by a considerable degree. I know when it comes time for a brake job I'll pop for some real Brembo's before I pay over a thousand for a dealer job.
Understood. Funny as I washed the Evoque yesterday the brakes did look small, but after driving it again they don't "feel" small. Bigger would look better, as long as the MC can handle the additional volume.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Cobra,
I know one thing. I intermittently tow a boat, total weight about 2500 lbs. With that weight the brakes felt surprisingly small and inadequate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts