Evoque Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Estimate just came in over $4k US and barely any one will touch it due to issue with seating. The body shop of my original land rover dealer won't touch it, Safelite won't touch it, had to go to another dealer and they do it in house. The glass alone is $2500. The only reason why I am replacing it is because I am getting rid of the evoque and I only have to pay the insurance deductible, there is currently no leaking since its a multi pane glass. I was hoping to in the future replace the evoque with a sport but the vast amount of issues this car has made me look elsewhere.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Why are you replacing the glass roof if it isn't leaking? Is it cracked?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why are you replacing the glass roof if it isn't leaking? Is it cracked?
During the fall I noticed a crack, which seems started from a rock chip towards the back. The crack has been growing and pretty much covers the whole glass now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi zambono, How bad is that? Can you take a photo for us?
I used a super glue to stop the running crack on my old MB.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So my insurance company in all of their wisdom estimated $1k less than the Land Rover dealer, so I took the vehicle to a reputable auto body shop that was also part of the insurance companies network. The auto body cracked the windshield in the process and thinks they might have to take the car to Land Rover anyhow to get some electronics reset, new estimate $5400 and counting, lol. Insurance should have listened to me in the first place.

·
Registered
518 Posts
So my insurance company in all of their wisdom estimated $1k less than the Land Rover dealer, so I took the vehicle to a reputable auto body shop that was also part of the insurance companies network. The auto body cracked the windshield in the process and thinks they might have to take the car to Land Rover anyhow to get some electronics reset, new estimate $5400 and counting, lol. Insurance should have listened to me in the first place.
So roof glass replacement increased from $4,000 to $5,400 after involving your carrier's preferred contractor. I wonder if the difference is the contractor's deductible and time spent to attempt to replace your panoramic roof.:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts