Evoque Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience with getting a bike rack for the Evoque? Intead of putting a hitch or roof rails, is there a Thule or Saris bike attachment to the back of the evo? thanks in advance

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check out the Kuat Sherpa 2, I think it is the best on the market. A hitch rack made of aluminum, it is the easiest to attach, easiest to load bikes, is lightweight and does not flex like my previous Yakima. It can be had in dark grey or white.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I checked into the Thule roof mounts... But ended up being a little afraid I would crack or damage the pano roof. A nice thing about temporarily living in the UK is that I bought a fairly inexpensive UK bike rack. I bought the curt hitch off of amazon and had it shipped over here and then had a UK wiring plug installed so I would have brake lights and turn signals. When I get back to the states I am hoping to have an additional (US 4 pin) wiring plug installed so I can pull the jet skis.

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got a 2" hitch receiver installed by U-Haul for $200 and got the Kuat NV rack along with the add-on. Love my bike rack. It's so easy to load/unload my bike plus it's got this repair stand for quick fixes on my trips.

RR1.jpg

RR2.jpg

·
Registered
224 Posts
I got a 1UP USA. If you are someone that bikes often (so you leave the rack on) and typically only has one bike with them (but want the options to expand to 3) then the 1UP is a great option. With just one tray on there it can be folded up very close to the vehicle and the lift gate can still open and close. The only negative so far is the rear backup sensors go crazy when the rack is on and folded up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts