Evoque Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered Black Range Rover Lettering. I finally had the time to install them on the Fuji White Dynamic with black trim. The installation was easy. The kit came with a template for the new letters, and a plastic tool to assist in removing the original letters. First I put the templates over the existing letters, and marked where the template goes with blue painters tape. Then remove the template and use the supplies tool to remove the old letters. Removing the old letters was simple. Clean the area well were the new letters go, and wipe with isopropyl alcohol. Line the templates up with your tape marks, and tape the templates into place. Install the new letter. The hardest part of the whole job was getting the backing off the adheasive tape for the letters. Took me about 1 and a half hours. I feel it looks much better.

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice, where did you order them?
I ordered them from Powerful UK. It was 125.00 US dollars counting shipping. Kit was front and rear, tool for removing old letters, alcohol wips, front and rear templates and front and rear letters, this included shipping.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Debating if I should replace the letters with this kit or just Plastidip the existing lettering... :confused:
Kit with templates sure made it easy to do. :cool:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Very nice Dave! I love dark wheels on a white vehicle. I had gun metal wheels on my pearl white Lexus ISF and received many compliments. They also hide the dirt :)
I had a Starfire Pearl ISF with everything blacked out. I loved that car. I had full intake headers and exhaust and it sounded mean!

Debating if I should replace the letters with this kit or just Plastidip the existing lettering... :confused:
I used the plastidip before, its cheap, easy to do and non permanent. I'd go this route and if you don't like it then buy the lettering.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I used the plastidip before, its cheap, easy to do and non permanent. I'd go this route and if you don't like it then buy the lettering.
Ok, cool. Thanks for the feedback. With the applications you used it on...was it durable? What do you use it on?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ok, cool. Thanks for the feedback. With the applications you used it on...was it durable? What do you use it on?
I used it on the rear badges and lettering for my ISF, It was a lot more durable than I expected, I even took an 8000 mile road trip through all kinds of weather conditions and car washes and it stuck really well. I've even seen people use it on their wheels for winter protection. Its nice that you can spray it right on the car without having to take the badges off and it peels right off the paint easily but sticks to the badges. I used black but it also comes in a matte white, matte gray, there is even a coating that you can use to make it gold or silver or more of a gloss according to their website but I have never used those other colors just black.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah it does look pretty easy to do, I should do it the right way.
I agree, this way you also still have the OE badges should you want to change back.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think I want to keep the red one, but thanks for the offer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts