Evoque Forums banner
21K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Tphoster 
#1 ·
When I ordered the Evoque 5-door (North America) a month ago, I did so by referencing the website which does not list BSM as an option for the 5-door, only the coupe. I recently saw a 5-door with BSM, and therefore tried to amend my order, as I would like to have it.

Per LR, it turns out LR made just 500 5-doors with BSM in 2012, but they are no longer available. You can't special order this option except for coupes. That's why the LR website only lists it for coupes. Just FYI, since it took some checking to get this info. Anyone understand this strategy? Are they doing it to make the coupe more desirable? Seems an odd play for LR....

#3 ·
#4 ·
The one disappointing part of all of this is, it seems all had to do a bit of research to find out the different things or find out the hard way because it wasn't clearly stated by dealer?
Why is the question! It shouldn't be this difficult!
I did a LOT of research before buying... even found this site through that... contemplated not buying after reading some comments here and other places... BUT thankfully did order a coupe with premium pkg which includes the BSM system.

For anyone still looking... deciding... If you order a Pure add the premium package instead of Nav and climate separately. You'll save so much more because you'll get more than you cannot ADD without it, like the upgraded headlamps, premium sound system, blind spot monitoring, voice recognition, and more. Definitely ask ask and ask some more to get the answers you're looking for.

Best. A

#5 ·
The one disappointing part of all of this is, it seems all had to do a bit of research to find out the different things or find out the hard way because it wasn't clearly stated by dealer?
Why is the question! It shouldn't be this difficult!
I agree with this too. I have spoken to four dealers about options and questions regarding the Nav. There seem to be a lot of opinions, but very few black and white answers to many of my questions. I am at times underwhelmed by the salespeople's knowledge. I have felt like I am bugging them by trying to pin down answers, but then I remember how much the car costs.:) Even within this site there are discrepancies. (e.g- can you program the Nav while driving? How long does the back-up camera take to engage?) There are a few things going on: The model is new, and it seems that the salespeople truly do not have all of the facts. In addition, the options available and the performance of some options have changed: The back-up camera appears to have been improved, since I tried a floor model recently and it switched on within a second of starting the car and shifting quickly. The signature LED lighting around the xenon headlamps has also changed since the car was introduced according to one dealer. So, hopefully these are signs of an improving model and also that LR is listening to concerns, but it makes it tough to get up-to-date info!!!
Scott

Reactions: tokeloke
#6 ·
There have been changes since the car was first introduced. One was losing the above option.

However, I now have the parallel park assist feature, but I lost the ability to have my gloss black wheels (now an accessory).

The RR web site has changed a few time over the last 4 months. Make sure that you research well and get what you want in writing when ordering!!!

#8 ·
I just ordered mine today. I got a five-door dynamic with BSM. I didn't even have to add any upgrades except climate control.

#10 ·
Congrats! What country are you in? I find it odd that you were able to order BSM if this is North America for a 5d...

#12 ·
I don't think there are many 3 time Evoque owners out there but I have had a black Pure Premium 4 door, a red Dynamic Premium 2 door and, currently, a red Dynamic Premium 4 door. Both the 2 door and 4 door Dynamics had BSM. It is part of the Vision Package. As of yesterday, it still shows it as being available on the 5 door Evoque. Does anyone find it odd that the owners manual and quick reference guide show the Parallel Parking Assist while the dealer tells me there are no plans to make it available?

#17 ·
I'm confused too. A client of mine has a 5dr with Blind Spot, I have a Pure with Pure Premium Pkg and pretty much all other packages and do NOT have Blind Spot on my 5dr. On the LR website Canada under options, for Pure Premium Pkg it says Blind Spot.

I spoke with a dealer, mine was too busy to return my call. He advised me that he "thinks" that the Blind Spot is a new option to the 5dr starting on models ordered in March........any sense to that?

I just bought mine a month ago (Feb) and would be pretty ticked if I had known I could've had this option for the same price if I waited 2 weeks more.

#18 ·
It's like all vehicles...they play with the "packages" and either you don't get "exactly" what you want or are forced to pay and get more than you ever wanted. Called salesmanship by the car industry I suppose. Makes you "one-up" the car to get what you want for thousands more. Sad state especially when it costs almost nothing when built. The headlights are abysimal, and putting in standard HID/Xenon would probably have been $40 at the factory.

The premium HDD Navigation is a prime example. So far behind other systems, and input other than by voice so clumsy. Plus, it has major problems reconfiguring a route unless you take one of three options offered. No choice of scenic routes, and if you go off course to follow a scenic route, it will incessantly order you o turn back for miles rather than self-correcting the route. I had better systems in a Dodge, honestly. Also easier input. Would have thought this would have been a better system, but not in my book. Better visibility than the BMW but less graphical quality and less user friendly than the Dodge. Plus no HDD capability to store thousands of songs from a thumb drive like other vehicles...why not as long as you're putting in a Hard Drive? Save a few bucks and let us figure t out I suppose.

#19 ·
Evoque 5 door pure plus premium with BSM

I just picked up my new 2013 Fuji White Pure Premium today. Given all the threads I have been reading, I wasn't sure if BSM came with the premium package so I have been waiting in agony. Neither the website, dealership or VIN code lookup could tell me if BSM was an option that came with the pure premium. It wasn't until I picked up the vehicle and was pleasantly surprised that it had BSM - came as part of the pure premium package. I'm told that this feature was only available for 2013 March onwards. Very happy with the car so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.