Evoque Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Evoque Pure. Last night when I went t run to the store I noticed my headlights were not working. Only the side lights. Low beams and high beams are both not turning on. Today I pulled the bulbs and there is no sign of damage on either bulb and I doubt they would both just have gone together. I checked the fuse and even swapped with a good fuse and there was no issue there. Anyone know what might be the problem here?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the welcome and the response. Do you think that's something I could test/fix relatively easily on my own or is this something I'm going to have to take to the dealership for?

·
Super Moderator
645 Posts
You very well may end up at the dealer. There are a lot of control modules in the Evoque, one being a headlight power supply, which could be bad. One thing I thought of that you might try. With the engine off and the doors closed, turn the headlight switch to on. Open the driver's door, do you get the headlight warning chime, and the message "lights on" in the driver's info panel? If not, then the system doesn't recognize that the lights are on.
If that is the case ,I think you will need the dealer to run diagnostics. In the factory service manual there are several Diagnostic Test Codes, DTCs, that show up if there is a problem with any of the modules that control the headlights.

Let us know how you make out, and good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 Evoque Pure. Last night when I went t run to the store I noticed my headlights were not working. Only the side lights. Low beams and high beams are both not turning on. Today I pulled the bulbs and there is no sign of damage on either bulb and I doubt they would both just have gone together. I checked the fuse and even swapped with a good fuse and there was no issue there. Anyone know what might be the problem here?
Hi there. Both of my headlights went bad last month. Dealer had to replaced the wire harness in both of them as they had received a service bulletin from LR.
Repaired at no charge. I have a 2013 pure as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.