Evoque Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seems like my brakes accumulates a lot of dust. I only have 3k miles on it thinking the accumulation will lesson, but that has yet to happen (especially on the inner side of the rim). The squeaks have pretty much gone away after I bought it. These factory silver rims are a pain to keep clean. Is everyone else the same way?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have never been happy regarding the brake dust on the silver rims and will look for ceramic pads when its comes time. Keeping these rims clean could be a full time job.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The Evoque's semi-mettallic brake pads are the source of the large amount of brake dust. Nothing to worry about. Its an indication that your pads are working well. Ceramic pads are a big help for cleaner looking rims, the result of using them giving off a different kind of dust that is light colored and doesn't have the same tendency to stick to the rims. I've found that the semi-mettalic pads on my Evoque are noisy giving me a creaking sound just before coming to a stop and when releasing the brake pedal (dealer's explanation for the noise.) On the plus side these semi-metallic pads have great stopping power.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
The dust never stops. I swtched to ceramics on an LR2 which definitely reduced the dust, but the pads felt very different from the stock pads, less sensitivity.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone painted their calipers yet? Im thinking of doing so at my first service. Hopefully having red calipers will offset the dust look! lol. My luck the calipers will get very dusty to and I will regret paying the money for that mod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts