Evoque Forums banner

Has anyone else noticed this heat problem?

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, now that it is cooling down in the U.S. Northeast, I can see that I have the same problem that you had as far as getting no heat to the back seats: http://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/evoque-maintenance/152-first-apparent-issues-electronics-systme-problems.html

I actually suspect that I was also getting no air conditioning back there either, but just never noticed. Now, the difference between the heated air inside and the cold air outside is so extreme that it's easy to notice.

Anyway, do you have an SSM for this fix? When I get it applied, I may as well have SSM 57057 applied (to stop the ticking in the front suspension) and rant about the RP/wet weather driving thing again too....

Thanks!
:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The dealer is telling me that on Land Rovers/Range Rovers, the rear seat center air vents are not supposed to blow heat. Only cold.

This is my first RR. Is this true in you guys' experience?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not so on our 97 Disco or our 04 Disco. Rear vents in both rigs blew plenty of warm air. The Évoque seems quite different.

·
Registered
373 Posts
We currently have two Ranges (big guy and sport) and have had other models over the years -- they all blow heat (and cold) to the rear. I'm about to take delivery of Evoque and will report back. But your dealer is FOS.

·
Registered
373 Posts
OK, reporting back and it's a bit of a toss-up. Wife claims it's warm when the front button is set with the down arrow. For me it's lukewarm. As I said all my other LRs have blown hot air to the rear. Will check with my dealer and report back.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Here (I believe) is the deal. When the Evoque first came out, according to UK threads, the rear vent was actually an option. It was designed to blow cold air. Under your seats (front) there are rear-facing vents which supply hot air. In fact they do and seem most effective when you choose the "down" arrow up front. All my six previous Land Roves supply hot air out the upper rear vents. Not so, apparently, with Evoque.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I picked up mine from the dealer this morning...the vents on the back of the console are for fresh air supply only. They will not supply warm or cold air. the supply vents (as scrannel posted above) are under the front seats and blow conditioned air to the back. They don't do it very well but there is air coming out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well all, we have two threads on this subject and I think we have a conclusive answer.

The middle rear vents are not designed to blow heated air (but apparently will blow air conditioned air).

This seems like a horribly dumb design, but I'd have to say it's about the only design issue I can think of (design issues are different from engineering issues!).

·
Registered
23 Posts
2013 With heat to rear vents in console with settings as in pic, if I choose down arrow then also heat from under front seats plus rear vents in center console. Hope that helps.
20130206_170057.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
i had the same problem with mine as well but i finally figured it out after fiddling all the dials and buttons for more than two hours, as you turn the temperature dial at more than 23ºC (73º Fahrenheit) the rear vents stops blowing hot air. what i did was turn on the recirculation button, set the fan/blower to maximum speed, set the driver`s side temperature dial at 23ºC and the passenger temperature dial to 25ºC (77º Fahrenheit) or higher depending on how hot you like, then only turn on the "down" button and boila hot air goes out from the rear seat vents.

VERY IMPORTANT: it takes a couple of minutes until hot air comes out of the rear seat vents but if you can`t wait anymore, you can just turn the driver`s temperature dial to the lowest, lower than 23ºC makes the rear vents blow more air and i don`t know why or how but it works.

i hope this helps to all RR Evoque owners around the world.

22112013_006.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
i had the same problem with mine as well but i finally figured it out after fiddling all the dials and buttons for more than two hours, as you turn the temperature dial at more than 23ºC (73º Fahrenheit) the rear vents stops blowing hot air. what i did was turn on the recirculation button, set the fan/blower to maximum speed, set the driver`s side temperature dial at 23ºC and the passenger temperature dial to 25ºC (77º Fahrenheit) or higher depending on how hot you like, then only turn on the "down" button and boila hot air goes out from the rear seat vents.

VERY IMPORTANT: it takes a couple of minutes until hot air comes out of the rear seat vents but if you can`t wait anymore, you can just turn the driver`s temperature dial to the lowest, lower than 23ºC makes the rear vents blow more air and i don`t know why or how but it works.

i hope this helps to all RR Evoque owners around the world.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear Center armrest vents facing back seat

The 2012 Evoque will only blow cold air through vents. On a 2013 Evoque it will blow HOT and/or COLD depending on your ft climate control settings.:mad: This was a running change from 2012 to 2013 Evoque.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I haven't heard that they updated this as a design change when they released the 2013s. Can any other 2013 owner confirm that their rear vents (the ones extending from the driver armrests) blow warm air?

I can confirm that the fix suggested above does NOT work for my 2012. I would suspect that the extremely high temp setting suggested, compared with the recirc action is just minimizing the feel of what continues to be cold air blown from those vents.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts